IDBI Bank Q4 net loss jumps 2-fold at Rs 3.2k-cr
State-owned IDBI Bank’s net loss nearly doubled at Rs 3,200 crore in the quarter to March 2017, mainly due to higher provisioning for bad loans. Bank’s net loss was Rs 1,736 crore in the January-March quarter of 2015-16. As per the financial result posted by the bank on stock exchanges, its annual loss for 2016-17 too widened to Rs 5,158 crore as against Rs 3,665 crore in the previous fiscal.
IDBI’s total income during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 was Rs 8,048 crore, down from Rs 8,275 crore in the year-ago quarter leading to reduced operational income. The bank made provisions worth Rs 4590 crore in the fourth quarter to deal with non-performing assets (NPAs).
The provisioning was Rs 3,331 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2015-16. The Gross NPAs almost doubled to 21.25 per cent of the gross advances in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal compared to 10.98 per cent in the corresponding period of the previous financial year. The net NPAs were 13.21 per cent against 6.78 per cent.
The bank, however, reported increase in net interest income which went up by 14.43 per cent from Rs 1,427 crore for the quarter ended March 2016 to Rs 1,633 crore for the three months ended March 2017. The net interest margin (NIM) too has increased. IDBI Bank's share closed at Rs 70 apiece on BSE, down 7.77 per cent over on Wednesday.
- Businesses can edit Aug, Sept GSTR-3B returns from Nov 20 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Business Corner 19 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Chinese investors keen on infra projects in India 19 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Moody‚Äôs: Losses in auto asset backed loans low 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Centre hikes import duty on edible oils to protect farmers 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Infosys Rs 13k-cr buyback to open on Nov 30 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Ericsson showcases 5G demonstration 18 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Air pax volume grows 20.5% to cross 10-mn-mark in Oct 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Tata Sons elevates Bhaskar Bhat, Saurabh Agrawal 18 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Short selling: Brokers can provide contracts for up to 12 months 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | Indore
Union Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot here on Saturday said the Central Board of Film Certificate (CBFC) should cut ‘objectionable’ scenes in the Bollywood film Padmavati whose release is being opposed by certain Rajput groups. The BJP leader said anger is palpable in the country against the period drama directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali...