IDBI Bank Q4 net loss jumps 2-fold at Rs 3.2k-cr
State-owned IDBI Bank’s net loss nearly doubled at Rs 3,200 crore in the quarter to March 2017, mainly due to higher provisioning for bad loans. Bank’s net loss was Rs 1,736 crore in the January-March quarter of 2015-16. As per the financial result posted by the bank on stock exchanges, its annual loss for 2016-17 too widened to Rs 5,158 crore as against Rs 3,665 crore in the previous fiscal.
IDBI’s total income during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 was Rs 8,048 crore, down from Rs 8,275 crore in the year-ago quarter leading to reduced operational income. The bank made provisions worth Rs 4590 crore in the fourth quarter to deal with non-performing assets (NPAs).
The provisioning was Rs 3,331 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2015-16. The Gross NPAs almost doubled to 21.25 per cent of the gross advances in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal compared to 10.98 per cent in the corresponding period of the previous financial year. The net NPAs were 13.21 per cent against 6.78 per cent.
The bank, however, reported increase in net interest income which went up by 14.43 per cent from Rs 1,427 crore for the quarter ended March 2016 to Rs 1,633 crore for the three months ended March 2017. The net interest margin (NIM) too has increased. IDBI Bank's share closed at Rs 70 apiece on BSE, down 7.77 per cent over on Wednesday.
- Views on draft agri-export policy sought 17 Jan 2018 | PNS
- TCS bags over $690 million deal from M&G Prudential 17 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Patanjali, etailers jointly to push products online 17 Jan 2018 | PNS
- 10 States join e-way bill forum 17 Jan 2018 | PNS
- HUL m-cap touches Rs 3L cr 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- DGS slaps GST profiteering notice on FMCG firm HUL 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Shift to B2B biz not easy; to build a $600-m undersea cable: ‚ÄėNew‚Äô RCom 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- RIL plans to invest Rs 5,000 cr in West Bengal: Mukesh 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- After Qatar & Oz, Russia cuts LNG price for India 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- PM lays foundation stone of Rs 43k-cr Barmer refinery proj 17 Jan 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jan 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | Ranchi
Annual Status of Education Report (ASER-2017) released on Tuesday covering 28 districts of 24 States on ‘Beyond Basics’- A survey of rural India youths, presented a gloomy picture of Jharkhand on a few basic parameters in comparison with the districts of Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh. The survey based on 4 As (Activity, Ability, Awareness, Aspirations) covering the age group 14-18 years, Jharkhand lags behind in enrollment status, digital use,...