IDBI Bank Q4 net loss jumps 2-fold at Rs 3.2k-cr
State-owned IDBI Bank’s net loss nearly doubled at Rs 3,200 crore in the quarter to March 2017, mainly due to higher provisioning for bad loans. Bank’s net loss was Rs 1,736 crore in the January-March quarter of 2015-16. As per the financial result posted by the bank on stock exchanges, its annual loss for 2016-17 too widened to Rs 5,158 crore as against Rs 3,665 crore in the previous fiscal.
IDBI’s total income during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 was Rs 8,048 crore, down from Rs 8,275 crore in the year-ago quarter leading to reduced operational income. The bank made provisions worth Rs 4590 crore in the fourth quarter to deal with non-performing assets (NPAs).
The provisioning was Rs 3,331 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2015-16. The Gross NPAs almost doubled to 21.25 per cent of the gross advances in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal compared to 10.98 per cent in the corresponding period of the previous financial year. The net NPAs were 13.21 per cent against 6.78 per cent.
The bank, however, reported increase in net interest income which went up by 14.43 per cent from Rs 1,427 crore for the quarter ended March 2016 to Rs 1,633 crore for the three months ended March 2017. The net interest margin (NIM) too has increased. IDBI Bank's share closed at Rs 70 apiece on BSE, down 7.77 per cent over on Wednesday.
- GAIL in time-swap deal for US LNG 23 May 2017 | PNS
- RBI to reconstitute oversight committee to deal with bad loans 23 May 2017 | PTI
- FMCG stocks jump up to 14% 23 May 2017 | PNS
- ‘Mobile tower cos to pass on 18% tax to telcos under GST’ 23 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘Industrial alcohol, ethanol to attract 18% GST’ 23 May 2017 | PTI
- Hold back price hikes till GST roll out: Hasmukh Adhia tells India Inc 23 May 2017 | PTI
- LIC investment income at Rs1,80,117 crore in 2016-17 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Air purifiers among over 10 new products for India this year: LG 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Steel minister sees India as auto hub, bats for high-end steel 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Canara HSBC OBC Life eyes small cities, towns for expansion 22 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Two Hindi plays ‘Jung-e-Azadi’ and ‘Mantra’ were beautifully staged at Shaheed Bhavan Auditorium on Monday. The plays were staged marking the first day of Children’s Theatre Festival ‘Azad Bansuri’...