IDBI Bank Q4 net loss jumps 2-fold at Rs 3.2k-cr
State-owned IDBI Bank’s net loss nearly doubled at Rs 3,200 crore in the quarter to March 2017, mainly due to higher provisioning for bad loans. Bank’s net loss was Rs 1,736 crore in the January-March quarter of 2015-16. As per the financial result posted by the bank on stock exchanges, its annual loss for 2016-17 too widened to Rs 5,158 crore as against Rs 3,665 crore in the previous fiscal.
IDBI’s total income during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 was Rs 8,048 crore, down from Rs 8,275 crore in the year-ago quarter leading to reduced operational income. The bank made provisions worth Rs 4590 crore in the fourth quarter to deal with non-performing assets (NPAs).
The provisioning was Rs 3,331 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2015-16. The Gross NPAs almost doubled to 21.25 per cent of the gross advances in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal compared to 10.98 per cent in the corresponding period of the previous financial year. The net NPAs were 13.21 per cent against 6.78 per cent.
The bank, however, reported increase in net interest income which went up by 14.43 per cent from Rs 1,427 crore for the quarter ended March 2016 to Rs 1,633 crore for the three months ended March 2017. The net interest margin (NIM) too has increased. IDBI Bank's share closed at Rs 70 apiece on BSE, down 7.77 per cent over on Wednesday.
- ‘EU to slap Google with record fine this week’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Modi's Sabka Saath inspires IGL's Swasth Saarthi 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- DoT working on stricter rules for tracking lost cell phones 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rajan was offered deputy governor's post in RBI by Reddy 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finmin for extending RBI deadline on Basel III norms 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Record low credit growth: 1,000 cos borrowed Rs1tln less in FY17 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US business schools can study India's GST implementation: Modi 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt's move to defer TCS under GST will help small biz: Amazon 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt defers TDS, TCS under GST to ensure smooth rollout 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Essar Steel eyes 25% market share in auto-grade steel segment 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...