- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
IIP output contracts 01% in June
Industrial output entered the negative territory in June contracting by 0.1 per cent mainly due to decline in manufacturing and capital goods sectors.
Besides, segments like mining, power generation, infrastructure/construction goods and consumer durables recorded poor performance.
Factory output, measured in terms of Index of Industrial Production, grew 8 per cent in June 2016, according to the data released by the Central Statistics Office on Friday.
On a quarterly basis, factory output growth during April-June slowed down to 2 per cent from 7.1 per cent in the corresponding period last year.
This is the first time in the current fiscal, the industrial output has shown a decline. The IIP grew by 3.4 per cent in April and 2.8 per cent May as per the revised estimates released on Friday.
Manufacturing sector, which constitutes over 77 per cent of the index, showed a decline of 0.4 per cent in June as compared to a growth of 7.5 per cent in the same month last year.
The output of mining and electricity sectors during the month decelerated to 0.4 per cent and 2.1 per cent from 10.2 per cent and 9.8 per cent respectively in June last year.
Capital goods output, which is the barometer of investment, declined by 6.8 per cent from a growth of 14.8 per cent a year ago.
Similarly, the output of primary goods and intermediate goods during the month declined by 0.2 per cent and 0.6 per cent as against growth of 8.2 per cent and 6 per cent respectively during June last year.
- China‚Äôs GDP rose to $12.1 trillion in last five years: Xi Jinping 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Axis Bank shares slump nearly 10% 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Women SHGs to get funds at 7% 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Now EPFO members having UAN can link Aadhaar online 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Inflation, fiscal uncertainty led to rate status quo: Urjit Patel 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- TTML Board okays up to Rs 20,000 crore fund-raising plans 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Japan‚Äôs Mitsui OSK Lines takes 11% stake in Swan‚Äôs floating LNG port 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India, Mozambique agree to expedite development of Rovuma gas find 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Pradhan: India bats for pricing flexibility in LNG contracts 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Hit by DeMo-GST, cos slash gifts by 35-40% 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...