India records impressive growth in recent years: IMF
India’s growth has been “impressive” in the recent years which makes room for tax broadening efforts by the government, according to a top IMF official.
“India has recorded quite an impressive growth performance in recent years. Our view is that the elimination of fuel subsidies and the targeting of social benefits has delivered in terms of allowing the union budget target to be achieved at 3.5 per cent of GDP,” Vitor Gasper, Director of the IMF Fiscal Affairs Department told reporters at a news conference here yesterday.
“We have been collaborating with the Indian authorities in terms of looking at fiscal structural measures, including expenditure rationalisation while protecting infrastructure investment, tax broadening efforts,” he said.
- Tata Power’s renewable energy capacity crosses 2,000 MW mark 24 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘India Inc seals 252 M&A deals worth 15.8 bn in Jan-Mar’ 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Central Bank to raise Rs 6,500 cr this fiscal 24 May 2017 | PNS
- CEOs got biggest raise since 2013 24 May 2017 | PTI
- SFIO developing early warning system to detect corp frauds 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Aditya Birla Fashion partners KVIC, to sell Khadi products 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Ericsson sees growth in business despite tough times for telcos 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down 16.79% to Rs 4,336.43 crore 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Goyal says won't allow companies from country barring Indian firms 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Cybersecurity threat landscape has grown exponentially: Cisco 24 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...