- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
India records impressive growth in recent years: IMF
India’s growth has been “impressive” in the recent years which makes room for tax broadening efforts by the government, according to a top IMF official.
“India has recorded quite an impressive growth performance in recent years. Our view is that the elimination of fuel subsidies and the targeting of social benefits has delivered in terms of allowing the union budget target to be achieved at 3.5 per cent of GDP,” Vitor Gasper, Director of the IMF Fiscal Affairs Department told reporters at a news conference here yesterday.
“We have been collaborating with the Indian authorities in terms of looking at fiscal structural measures, including expenditure rationalisation while protecting infrastructure investment, tax broadening efforts,” he said.
- Managing costs with quality is top priority for healthcare providers: Bain & Company 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam not a systemic issue: WB official 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Jt panel on FRDI Bill gets more time to submit report 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD widens, rises 2% of GDP at $13.5 bn in Q3‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB to honour bonafide LoUs 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Investors poorer by Rs 1.86L cr as mkts sink on huge sell-off 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki unveils Intruder variant priced at Rs 1,06,896 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 11 non-operational coal mines to start production from June 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...