Indian, MNC seed firms form new association
Global and domestic seed companies like Monsanto, Syngenta, Rasi Seeds and Shriram Bioseeds have formed a new association ‘Alliance for Agri Innovation’ to take up the policy issues related to the sector and promote new farm technologies. Bayer Bioscience, Dow Agro Sciences, DuPont Pioneer, Mahyco and Metahelix are also members of ‘Alliance for Agri Innovation’ (AAI).
The new association has been formed amid a legal battle between US biotech major Monsanto and Indian firm Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd over patent and royalty issues.
Recently, the Delhi High Court dismissed Monsanto’s plea to enforce the patent for its BT cotton seeds in India.
The AAI said in a statement that this is a new industry body to promote new and emerging agricultural technologies for the benefit of Indian farmers.
The association said that it would focus on promoting the development of agricultural biotechnology and other emerging plant breeding innovations in India to create value for farmers in India.
The AAI would also work with all stakeholders to create an ecosystem which provides protection for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), the statement said.
AAI’s Executive Director Shivendra Bajaj said the members have come together to promote innovation in seed technologies.
- Business Corner 22 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Aadhaar seeding must for bank accounts under KYC norms: RBI 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Big reforms made India fastest emerging economy: Economic Affairs Secy 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India's role to expand in Indo-Pacific region: IMF 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėNew Industrial Policy to boost manufacturing GDP‚Äô 22 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Getting more women into formal workforce is priority for India: IMF 22 Apr 2018 | IANS
- HDFC Bank net profit hits record 22 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Art 14 can be invoked if COC violates IBC, says NCLT Chairman 22 Apr 2018 | PNS
- SAT stays Sebi order of winding up Sahara MF 21 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Forex reserves at life-time high of $426.082 billion 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The District Project Office, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Kanker had given a proposal under District Mineral Fund (DMF) for installation/ construction of special prefabricated school building structure for eight Primary and one Upper Primary Schools functioning at various locations of Antagarh, officials informed. The proposal has been sanctioned and now it is intended to start the work as soon as possible and complete it before the start of new academic session,...