- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Woman found hanging at Metro station
- Rival AIADMK factions submit new names, symbols to EC
- Modi says India stands with UK following London terror attack
- Supreme Court adjourns Babri Masjid demolition case by 2 weeks
- 5 dead in 'Islamist-related terrorism' attack on UK Parliament
- SC to hear Babri Masjid demolition case tomorrow
- Life sentence for Ajmer blast case convicts
- Hoping to implement GST from July 1: Jaitley
- 19 Oppn MLAs suspended from Maha Assembly
India's first and only 360-degree view platform: WoNoBo.com
Country's leading geospatial solutions company Genesys International Corporation (NSE GENESYS) on Monday announced the launch of WoNoBo.com. Users will be able to search, explore and share 'points of interest' across the length and breadth of the country. At launch, the service will be available for 12 major Indian cities and will soon be expanded to 54 cities.
WoNoBo.com also announces a tie-up with Incredible India, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, for the launch of Walking Tours, a unique and exciting product that will enable users to navigate and route their way through cities based on a number of interesting themes.
Parvez Dewan, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism. said "The Ministry of Tourism is delighted to partner with WoNoBo.com for its Walking Tours platform, one of the first such initiatives undertaken by any tourism ministry. We believe this innovative service - aimed at boosting tourism and tourism-driven commerce across our most visited cities - will add a completely new flavour to our highly successful Incredible India campaign," said
WoNoBo.com also offers several other services. One enables users to illustrate, using 360-degree views, the colourful, chaotic, dramatic lives they lead in different corners of the country. It also offers guides, created by users as well as experts, showing locals where to eat, what to shop for, where to take your children while visiting and a lot more.
Commenting on the launch, Sajid Malik, CMD, Genesys International, said "Decades of global experience in the geospatial domain have enabled us to build India's first and most comprehensive navigation platform that also incorporates social media. We are confident that WoNoBo.com will be a major value creator for an entirely new ecosystem of businesses in the years to come."
"We are the first urban chronicle of today's India, having mapped panoramic imagery of thousands of square kilometres and close to 10 million places of interest across the country. We also continue to update the platform. On the one hand, this new media service will provide an innovative dimension for users to share stories and build communities; on the other, it will provide local businesses a unique platform to offer a plethora of services." He added.
With WoNoBo.com, locations are no longer just pins on maps; users get full blown 360-degree views of destinations and much more. They can access, tag and review 'points of interests' i.e. locations, hotels, retail outlets, monuments, parks, etc. and also view the interiors of several key locations, all powered by a database of millions of places.
- Aadhaar mandatory for filing ITR to avoid tax evasion: Jaitley 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Avail PMGKY or face action: I-T warns defaulters 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- ONGC seeks gas price review; wants floor rate fixed at $4.2 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- D-Mart’s market debut propels Damani into India’s richest-20 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Cabinet approves policy for extending oilfield contracts 23 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Ranga says Make in India an ‘old idea’, focus needed on infra 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Aftermarket auto component industry to reach $13 bn by 2020: ACMA 23 Mar 2017 | Rakesh Bihari Jha
- Sensex registers biggest fall since Dec on global worries 23 Mar 2017 | PNS
- SBI advises some 100 Snapdeal sellers to cut outstanding loans 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Rupee retreats from 17-month high, down 14 paise to 65.44 23 Mar 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Singh
Is the marginalisation of the two caste-based parties in Uttar Pradesh a harbinger of change — from identity politics to the politics of development? If we take the 2014 and 2017 elections together, that does seem to be the suggestion, writes RAJESH SINGH Understanding an election result as monumental as that of Uttar Pradesh is akin to unravelling a deep thriller plot. The why, when, where, how and what — this...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The Nabard launched a national level water campaign in Odisha here on Wednesday, marking the World Water day. Nabard CGM Dr KC Panigrahi kicked off the drive, which was attended by Indian Institute of Water Management, Bhubaneswar, Director Dr SK Ambast and representatives of the State Government, the State Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC), partner NGOs, universities, water experts and Farmers’ Club volunteers...