- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
IndusInd Bank net jumps 25% on robust CV loan demand
A robust loan demand driven by those for commercial vehicles, and a dip on cost of funds due to a near doubling of its Casa deposits boosted private sector lender IndusInd Bank's net by 25 per cent to Rs 880.10 crore for the three months to September.
The Hinduja Group promoted bank said its mainstay commercial vehicle loan book grew 25 per cent, helping the overall loan growth to 18 per cent, helping the bank report strong numbers. Bottomline was also helped by a stable asset quality and lower operational cost coupled with lower cost to income ratio on the back of a savings deposit growth of 95 per cent. Romesh Sobti, managing director of the bank, said total income rose to Rs 5,395.92 crore from Rs 4,439.72 crore.
Gross non-performing assets marginally rose to 1.08 per cent of the total advances, from 0.90 per cent a year ago, as the bank had to provide for Rs 36 crore for the six of the 28 accounts that RBI had referred to the NCLT for resolution. Similarly, net NPAs rose to 0.44 per cent from 0.37 per cent in same quarter a year ago. Consequently, the bank made higher provisioning of Rs 294 crore compared to Rs 214 crore in the year-ago quarter.
- Strong representation by Skill India team in Abu Dhabi WorldSkills opener 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Lower underwriting losses, combined ratio lift ICICI Lombard net 19.3% to Rs 204 crore 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Unlimited calling, data on Bharat phone for Rs 97/mth offered by BSNL 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Against job quota in pvt sector: Niti VC 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- People throng jewellery shops on Dhanteras by overcoming note ban & GST impact 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Axis Bank net jumps 38% on lower base 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- EPFO to take a call on EPF interest rate for FY‚Äô18 next month 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wipro profit up 6% in September quarter 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- VPS Healthcare lines up Rs 1k-crore for domestic buyouts in hospital space 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Options trading to formalise gold trade: FM 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...