- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
IndusInd Bank net jumps 25% on robust CV loan demand
A robust loan demand driven by those for commercial vehicles, and a dip on cost of funds due to a near doubling of its Casa deposits boosted private sector lender IndusInd Bank's net by 25 per cent to Rs 880.10 crore for the three months to September.
The Hinduja Group promoted bank said its mainstay commercial vehicle loan book grew 25 per cent, helping the overall loan growth to 18 per cent, helping the bank report strong numbers. Bottomline was also helped by a stable asset quality and lower operational cost coupled with lower cost to income ratio on the back of a savings deposit growth of 95 per cent. Romesh Sobti, managing director of the bank, said total income rose to Rs 5,395.92 crore from Rs 4,439.72 crore.
Gross non-performing assets marginally rose to 1.08 per cent of the total advances, from 0.90 per cent a year ago, as the bank had to provide for Rs 36 crore for the six of the 28 accounts that RBI had referred to the NCLT for resolution. Similarly, net NPAs rose to 0.44 per cent from 0.37 per cent in same quarter a year ago. Consequently, the bank made higher provisioning of Rs 294 crore compared to Rs 214 crore in the year-ago quarter.
- United India Insurance's net profit at `306.27 cr during April-Dec last year 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- FPIs' net outflow from equities hits $1 bn so far in February 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Uncertainty looms over mega petrochemical project in AP 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Five of top-10 firms take Rs 38,724 cr hit in m-cap 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India's finished steel export slides over 30% in Jan 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Impact of GST on restaurant industry positive, says survey 19 Feb 2018 | Manoj Raghuvanshi
- CII-IBA Q4 Financial Conditions Index up over 2016-17, falls below Q3 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Coal import rises by 12% to 18 million tonnes in January 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Incentives for green tech, artificial intelligence likely 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- RIL plans Rs 60k-cr digitial industrial area in Maharashtra 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...