- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Jewellers expect growth in sales this Akshaya Tritiya
Jewellers are expecting 15-20 per cent increase in sales this Akshaya Tritiya, mainly on the back of positive market sentiment, stable prices and ongoing wedding season.
“Things are looking positive this year and the prices are also stable, ruling at around Rs 30,820 per 10 grams. There is also a lot of traction for wedding jewellery due to ongoing marriage season.
“Overall there is a positive sentiment in the market, so we are hoping 15-20 per cent growth in sales this Akshaya Tritiya, compared to last year,” All India Gem And Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC) Chairman Nitin Khandelwal told PTI here. He said the demand for yellow gold, especially trendy items and wedding jewellery will be more than diamond jewellery. “We are also witnessing a slowdown in demand for the high end niche jewellery,” he added.
Akshaya Tritiya is considered an auspicious day to buy the gold in the country.
India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) vice-pPresident and PN Gadgil Jewellers Chairman and MD Saurabh Gadgil said the outlook looks bullish and the market has become stable.
“Market has now started picking up after the industry faced the Nirav Modi scam. We are witnessing young people now preferring long standing family jewellery stores who have been there from generations. Moreover, the monsoon was good last year, but the demand was muted, so there is likely to be a spill over of demand from last year to this Akshaya Tritiya. The overall mood is positive and we are expecting 5-10 per cent growth in sales over last year,” he added. This year, he said, coins and small ticket size along with wedding jewelleries will be popular.
“The bookings for the wedding jewelleries are looking good, the delivery for which will on the Akshaya Tritiya day,” he added. Kalyan Jewellers chairman and managing director TS Kalyanaraman said, “On this Akshaya Tritiya, we expect to see customers returning to the eternal value of gold”.
He said the growing market sentiments and the shift from unorganised to organised sector will contribute to a boost in sales. WHP Jewellers Director Aditya Pethe said, there is an expectation of good demand this Akshaya Tritiya, and the sales are likely to go up by 15-20 per cent from last year.
“As the gold prices have increased in this week, we feel it will reinstate the consumer’s faith into the category. This is also the season where consumers mostly buy gold jewellery, which will boost our sales,” he added.
- India retains top remittance receiver rank at $69-bn 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- FinMin not for cut in excise duty on petrol, diesel 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Infra lending may take a back seat as RBI refuses to budge on new NPA rules 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 24 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Tata Sons appoints ex-foreign secy Jaishankar as global corp affairs head 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- NCLAT adjourns hearing on Reliance Infratel asset sale to May 2 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Consider Liberty House bid: NCLT to Bhushan Steel 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- ‚ÄėTCS keen to join hands with Govt for emergency services to accident victims' 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- TCS first Indian company to touch $100-bn in market cap 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- India calls for increase in voting rights at World Bank 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...