Kinetic Grp ties up with MV Agusta to sell superbikes in India
Pune-based Kinetic Group has tied up with Italian firm MV Agusta to launch the latter’s superbikes in India, estimated to be priced between Rs12 lakh to Rs33 lakh, to mark its comeback in two-wheeler segment.
The group also plans to launch the first bike of MV Agusta in November this year and will set up a network of showrooms in top cities to retail the motorcycles besides providing after-sales service.
“We are really excited to be bringing these extraordinary machines to India for riders who demand the utmost performance from their bikes,” Kinetic World Managing Director Ajinkya Firodia said in a statement.
The current MV Agusta portfolio consists of a range of high-performance superbikes, including the Brutale, Rivale, Turismo Veloce, F3 and the range-topping F4.
“Kinetic can launch any or all of these motorcycles in India over the next 2-3 years, with the first launch slated for November 2015,” the company said.
A team of engineering experts is already working on homologation and other formalities while the dealership network is being set up across India, it added.
“The bikes will be brought in as CBUs and SKDs, and prices are likely to range from Rs12 lakh to Rs33 lakh,” it said.
Last year, Kinetic group had exited the two-wheeler segment completely by selling its remaining stake in Mahindra Two Wheelers to private equity firm Samena Capital for about Rs182.1 crore.
- Fujifilm eyeing to double its sale in the coming yrs 23 Jun 2017 | Arnabjit Sur
- Boeing wins order dogfight at Paris Air Show 23 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Nirmala to industries: Will recommend review of GST 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- IT export may grow at 8%; 1.5 lakh jobs in offing: Nasscom 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Leniency in GST laws for genuine mistakes initially: Adhia 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST to lower overall tax burden over time, says RBI Governor 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- RBI expands oversight committee; inducts three member on panel 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- AI debt unsustainable, should go to pvt hands: Panagariya 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Telecom Min meets Mittal, Ambani; assures ‘corrective steps’ 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Lenders drag Essar Steel, Bhushan Steel, Electrosteel to NCLT 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The teams of West Bengal, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand were awarded prizes for securing ranks in two categories of the OORJA CRPF Youth Under-19 Football Talent Contest -2017 that concluded on June 22 at Mega Sports Complex, Ranchi. Both in the Boys and girls category the WB team won the first prize getting Rs 1 lakh reward and trophy to each team...