- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Mahindra group to pump in $1bn in US over next 5 years
Diversified Mahindra group plans to invest $1 billion across business verticals in the US over the next five years as it aims to double revenues from the American market to $5 billion.
The Mumbai-headquartered group, which currently employs around 3,000 people in the country, also plans to double the headcount over the next five years as it looks to expand operations.
“We have so far invested around $1 billion in the US among all the businesses and we should invest another billion over the next five years,” Mahindra & Mahindra Managing Director Pawan Goenka told the news agency here in an interview.
The quantum of investment, however, would depend on various factors like market conditions and success of various projects that are currently underway in the US, he added.
Elaborating on various strategic projects, Goenka said the company has bid for a US postal service contract and if it comes through it would help the company grow exponentially in the country.
When asked about the group’s ambitions in terms of revenues in the US, Goenka said: “In the next five years, we are targeting doubling revenue to about $5 billion.”
The $19 billion group currently generates around $2.5 billion from its seven business verticals in the US. The major group firms active in the country include IT major tech Mahindra and Mahindra USA which sells tractors and utility vehicles in the country.
When asked to elaborate on the factors that would help the company achieve desired results, Goenka said the growth would be led by various factors like the launch of a new off road vehicle by its arm Mahindra North America Technical Centre (MNATC) besides other group entities.
“The growth will be led by Mahindra USA where we intend to double revenues from $500 million to $1 billion in next five years and then there is Tech Mahindra,” he added.
Mahindra is also looking at doubling its manpower in the country over the next five years.
“Mahindra currently employs more than 3,000 locals in the US and as things are going we are going to double that over the next 4-5 years,” Goenka said.
- Business Corner 17 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- SRM University inks MoU with NASSCOM 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- AAI plans to invest Rs 15k cr on airport terminals in next fiscal, says Chairman 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- LIC posts 11.5% growth in premium income at Rs 2.23 tln in 9 month period 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- SEBI eases accessibility for FPIs 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Govt expects to finalise 5G service roadmap by Jun 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- RIL to buy 65% stake in IFC for Rs 1,105 cr 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Penalty up to Rs 50L/circle for predatory tariff: TRAI 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Fix risk management system, says India Inc 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- ‚ÄėSBI has $212-mn exposure via PNB‚Äô 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...