Mahindra group to pump in $1bn in US over next 5 years
Diversified Mahindra group plans to invest $1 billion across business verticals in the US over the next five years as it aims to double revenues from the American market to $5 billion.
The Mumbai-headquartered group, which currently employs around 3,000 people in the country, also plans to double the headcount over the next five years as it looks to expand operations.
“We have so far invested around $1 billion in the US among all the businesses and we should invest another billion over the next five years,” Mahindra & Mahindra Managing Director Pawan Goenka told the news agency here in an interview.
The quantum of investment, however, would depend on various factors like market conditions and success of various projects that are currently underway in the US, he added.
Elaborating on various strategic projects, Goenka said the company has bid for a US postal service contract and if it comes through it would help the company grow exponentially in the country.
When asked about the group’s ambitions in terms of revenues in the US, Goenka said: “In the next five years, we are targeting doubling revenue to about $5 billion.”
The $19 billion group currently generates around $2.5 billion from its seven business verticals in the US. The major group firms active in the country include IT major tech Mahindra and Mahindra USA which sells tractors and utility vehicles in the country.
When asked to elaborate on the factors that would help the company achieve desired results, Goenka said the growth would be led by various factors like the launch of a new off road vehicle by its arm Mahindra North America Technical Centre (MNATC) besides other group entities.
“The growth will be led by Mahindra USA where we intend to double revenues from $500 million to $1 billion in next five years and then there is Tech Mahindra,” he added.
Mahindra is also looking at doubling its manpower in the country over the next five years.
“Mahindra currently employs more than 3,000 locals in the US and as things are going we are going to double that over the next 4-5 years,” Goenka said.
- US Navy ship fires warning shots at Iranian vessel, says US official 26 Jul 2017 | Agencies
- Microsoft bets big on cloud, eyes new customers in India 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Paytm may team up with Alibaba to invest $200 mn in BigBasket 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 637k new pilots to be needed for Airlines over next 20 years: Boeing 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Turnaround plans of 10 PSU banks submitted 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Commerce Secretary: Looking at measures in FTP to support exporters 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Banks‚Äô exposure to telecom sector at Rs 97,681 crore: FM 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Amazon to expand ‚ÄėI HAVE SPACE‚Äô plan across India 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- RBI processing old notes to verify numerical accuracy, says Jaitley 26 Jul 2017 | PNS
- DeMo has led to significant positive impact, says Ahir 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...