Microsoft's new cloud adoption programme to aid SMEs
Focussing on the small and medium business (SMBs), Microsoft on Tuesday introduced Microsoft 'Cloud Solution Provider' (CSP) programme. The programme will enable the SMBs to choose a single-window IT-partner for their businesses. CSPs are the partners who provide solutions leveraging Microsoft cloud for SMBs across the country on a pay-as-you-go model. They will build and offer value-added services, bill customers directly, as well as directly provision, manage and support Microsoft cloud offerings for the SMBs.
"Cloud adoption in India is growing in triple digit percentage year-on-year. The new Microsoft Cloud Solution Providers will make SMBs more competitive with enterprise-grade technology and value-added services from Microsoft cloud," said Microsoft India Managing Director, Karan Bajwa in a press conference. Boosting business opportunities for SMBs and CSPs, the programme will raise value to SMBs and will benefit them from the subscription-based payment model that will ease their operating expense pressures. Through the programme, CSPs will be able to own the complete customer relationship - starting with understanding customer requirements and designing customised solutions.
Speaking about the competition from other players, Bajwa told The Pioneer that Microsoft can provide cloud to the customers on their terms. With public and private cloud, we can offer hybrid cloud to the customers. The difference is that other players pretty much play on the two extremes, he added. Microsoft has launched the programme with seven CSPs in India - GlobalOutlook, ZNetLive, Trimax IT Infrastructure and Services Limited, Sify Technologies, Emkor, Opto Telelinks Limited and XcellHost Cloud Services. The number of CSPs is to grow over time with more partners becoming Cloud Solution Providers.
Also speaking at the conference, Microsoft India SMS&P General Manager, Meetul Patel said, "Our partners in India work closely with SMBs and understand their specific requirements and challenges. Microsoft Cloud Solution Providers will make it easier for SMBs to adopt the cloud in a manner relevant, financially viable and most beneficial for their business."
- Theleme Master sells BoB shares worth Rs 1,115 cr 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Stocks trade flat for 2nd day, Fed meet holds clue 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- M&M to buy Turkish tractor, foundry cos for Rs 735 crore 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Govt stake in NTPC drops to below 63% 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Willing to support startups with passionate founders: Tata 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- SBI Life IPO subscribed 9% on Ist day of bid 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Auction of 54 mines to fetch Rs 1.5L-cr to States‚Äô exchequer 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Use post-DeMo money flow into banks for welfare of weak: Naidu 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Idea, RCom stocks drop; Airtel regains early losses 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Call connect rate cut to benefit new player only, say Airtel, Voda 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With the objective to create awareness among the budding football stars of the Capital City and to motivate the footballers of the U/17 age group, Delhi Public School in association with Hermes Voyage Kolkata will host its first ever Inter School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup-2017’. The tournament will be organised on the campus premises on September 21 and September 22...