Mukesh Ambani in Forbes list of 25 ‘Global Game Changers’
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is among the 25 ‘Global Game Changers’ listed by Forbes who are transforming their industries and changing the lives of billions of people around the globe.
Forbes’ second annual Global Game Changers list includes 25 “intrepid business leaders” who are “unsatisfied with the status quo” and “transforming their industries and changing the lives of billions of people around the globe.”
Ambani, 60, is in the list for his game changing efforts to bring the internet to India’s masses.
“Oil and gas tycoon entered the country’s telecom market with a bang, offering fast internet at dirt-cheap prices. Gained 100 million customers in six months and set off a wave of consolidation in the market,” Forbes said, referring to his company’s mobile network operator Reliance Jio.
It quoted Ambani as saying that “anything and everything that can go digital is going digital. India cannot afford to be left behind.”
Forbes said the 25 trailblazers on the list, arranged alphabetically, are re-imagining countless facets of everyday life, from health to sending money to relatives abroad.
“While plenty of corporate functionaries make headlines for successful turnarounds or record profits, we sought to identify true movers and shakers who are determining the course of the future for more than just their own shareholders or employees,” it said.
The list includes founder of home appliances company Dyson, James Dyson, American global investment management corporation BlackRock cofounder Larry Fink, Deputy Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman, social media company Snap cofounder Evan Spiegel, Chinese ride sharing giant Didi Chuxing founder Cheng Wei and African retail tycoon Christo Wiese.
- GAIL in time-swap deal for US LNG 23 May 2017 | PNS
- RBI to reconstitute oversight committee to deal with bad loans 23 May 2017 | PTI
- FMCG stocks jump up to 14% 23 May 2017 | PNS
- ‘Mobile tower cos to pass on 18% tax to telcos under GST’ 23 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘Industrial alcohol, ethanol to attract 18% GST’ 23 May 2017 | PTI
- Hold back price hikes till GST roll out: Hasmukh Adhia tells India Inc 23 May 2017 | PTI
- LIC investment income at Rs1,80,117 crore in 2016-17 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Air purifiers among over 10 new products for India this year: LG 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Steel minister sees India as auto hub, bats for high-end steel 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Canara HSBC OBC Life eyes small cities, towns for expansion 22 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Two Hindi plays ‘Jung-e-Azadi’ and ‘Mantra’ were beautifully staged at Shaheed Bhavan Auditorium on Monday. The plays were staged marking the first day of Children’s Theatre Festival ‘Azad Bansuri’...