- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Nearly 46L biz file GSTR-1 for July
More than 45.99 lakh businesses have filed the final GST returns for July and more than 33 crore invoices have been processed on the GSTN portal. GST Network (GSTN) said in a statement that as many as 45,99,113 taxpayers have filed their sales return or GSTR-1 for July till Tuesday -- the last date for filing the return form. This is lower than 54.78 lakh initial returns for July filed in GSTR-3B form. For August, 47.12 lakh businesses had filed GSTR-3B till yesterday. GSTR-2 or purchase return for July has to be filed by businesses between October 11-31. The matching of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 will be done in the return form GSTR-3, which is to be filed by November 10. Over 33 crore invoices were filed and processed by GST system along with GSTR-1 of July.
Of this, majority or 24.2 crore were uploaded using Offline Tool developed by GSTN whereas data of 3.26 crore invoices were entered by taxpayers online. Data of around 5.56 crore invoices came through GST Suvidha Providers. The Government has already collected over Rs 95,000 crore as GST in July, the first month of roll out of the Goods and Services Tax.
- Strong representation by Skill India team in Abu Dhabi WorldSkills opener 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Lower underwriting losses, combined ratio lift ICICI Lombard net 19.3% to Rs 204 crore 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Unlimited calling, data on Bharat phone for Rs 97/mth offered by BSNL 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Against job quota in pvt sector: Niti VC 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- People throng jewellery shops on Dhanteras by overcoming note ban & GST impact 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Axis Bank net jumps 38% on lower base 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- EPFO to take a call on EPF interest rate for FY‚Äô18 next month 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wipro profit up 6% in September quarter 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- VPS Healthcare lines up Rs 1k-crore for domestic buyouts in hospital space 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Options trading to formalise gold trade: FM 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...