- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
NK Singh, Patel talk devolution of taxes to Centre and States
The newly appointed Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission N K Singh and RBI Governor Urjit Patel on Thursday discussed various issues related to the devolution of taxes between the Centre and states.
They discussed the technical as well as other assistance which the Reserve Bank of India could provide, enabling the Commission to discharge its wide ranging Terms of Reference, Finance Ministry said in a statement. The RBI has the data and technical speciality in matters relating to overall finances, it said, adding that the emerging fiscal scenario and the central bank's State Finance Division is a rich repository of information on State finances over a long period of time.
Singh said that the Commission would be greatly benefited by the analytical and domain knowledge of the RBI in these specialised areas.
- Tata Steel, JSW-Piramal JV bid for Bhushan Steel, resolution begins 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Telecom relief package likely in March: Govt 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Regulatory changes may delay KG block output: ONGC 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SFIO to probe Fortis, Religare for irregularities 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PNB tanks over 7% 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam impact: Bank stocks tumble; Sensex dives 236 pts 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PNB assures will honour bonafide commitments 20 Feb 2018 | PNS
- United India Insurance's net profit at `306.27 cr during April-Dec last year 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- FPIs' net outflow from equities hits $1 bn so far in February 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said that the fight in Madhya Pradesh is not between BJP and Congress but the ruling party against the citizens. Before participating in the Samajik Chetna rally, talking to media persons here on Monday, Patel said, “Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh is called Mama (uncle) but we don’t want a Shakuni Mama...