OVL to hold 4%, while IOC, BPRL 3% each in Abu Dhabi oilfield
ONGC Videsh Ltd, Indian Oil Corp (IOC) and Bharat PetroResources Ltd (BPRL) will split the 10 per cent stake in a giant offshore oilfield in Abu Dhabi in 4:3:3 ratio.
The three firms on Saturday had signed contract to pick up a combined 10 per cent stake in Abu Dhabi National Oil Co's (ADNOC) Lower Zakum concession, Offshore Abu Dhabi, for $600 million.
OVL will take 40 per cent of the stake, that is, 4 per cent in the entire oilfield. The remaining 60 per cent would be equally split between IOC and BPRL (3 per cent apiece), officials said.
While OVL is the overseas investment arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), BPRL is a unit of state-owned Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL).
Besides paying a signature bonus of $600 million, the three partners would bear 10 per cent of the planned $32 billion capex on the field over a 40 year period.
They said the current production from the field is about 400,000 barrels of oil per day (20 million tonnes per annum) and Indian consortium's annual share shall be about 2 million tonnes. The field is to achieve plateau target of 450,000 barrels of oil per day by 2025.
This is the first time that Indian oil companies have taken part in an Abu Dhabi oil and gas concession.
The concession has a term of 40 years with an effective date of March 9, 2018. ADNOC holds 60 per cent interest in the field and is finalising the potential partners for the remaining 30 per cent.
OVL is India's largest international oil and gas company, having 39 projects in 18 countries.
- Investors rush to mutual funds; over 8L folios added in a month 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Stock markets may see another phase of correction: Report 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Kerala eyes up to 15% growth in tourist arrivals in 2018 21 May 2018 | PTI
- RIL gets green nod for `2,338cr expansion project in Maharashtra 21 May 2018 | PTI
- MTNL investing `190 cr to upgrade services 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Aadhaar, PAN mandate for customs broker licence: Tax Dept 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi to consider penal action against PNB, Gitanjali Gems 21 May 2018 | PTI
- GST roadblocks hit Patanjali growth in FY18 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Petrol, diesel rates touch all-time highs 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Arbitration panel to hear Vodafone challenge to tax 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...