Patanjali eyes 20% share in country’s processed food mkt
Home-grown FMCG major Patanjali Ayurved is looking to double its share in the country’s food processing market to 20 per cent in the current fiscal. The yoga guru Ramdev-led firm, which has plans to invest Rs 5,000 crore on expansion of its various verticals, would be putting aside a substantial portion of funds towards opening of new units and ramping up capacity of the existing units.
“The food processing industry is worth around Rs 85,000 crore and Patanjali has a share of around 10 per cent. We would like to double our contribution to 20 per cent this fiscal,” Patanjali Ayurved Managing Director Acharaya Balkrishna told PTI. He further said: “In the coming years, we would try to maximum Patanjali’s contribution in the food processing industry.” According to Balkrishna, the food processing industry would not only provide good price to farmers but also help in providing quality food products in India.
“Globally, around 90 per cent food is processed. In a country like China around 40 per cent food is processed but in India only 6 per cent of food and vegetables are processed,” he said, adding that around 35 per cent food goes waste as it is not being preserved throughprocessing. He further said the processed food would also help in combating the food adulteration practice which has become quite rampant in the country. “After we double our processing capacity, the total food processed would be increased to 7 per cent from the existing 6 per cent,” he added. The company is presently using grains as wheat, rice, millet and various other varieties along with pulses.
Patanjali, which crossed Rs 10,000 crore sales in last fiscal, is now having global ambitions. While speaking at an event organised by industry body FICCI, Balkrishna said the industry players are taking steps towards making Indian food industry an international brand. “Patanjali Ayurved Ltd is committed to go global and fight adulteration in the food industry,” he said.
- Tata Power’s renewable energy capacity crosses 2,000 MW mark 24 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘India Inc seals 252 M&A deals worth 15.8 bn in Jan-Mar’ 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Central Bank to raise Rs 6,500 cr this fiscal 24 May 2017 | PNS
- CEOs got biggest raise since 2013 24 May 2017 | PTI
- SFIO developing early warning system to detect corp frauds 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Aditya Birla Fashion partners KVIC, to sell Khadi products 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Ericsson sees growth in business despite tough times for telcos 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down 16.79% to Rs 4,336.43 crore 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Goyal says won't allow companies from country barring Indian firms 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Cybersecurity threat landscape has grown exponentially: Cisco 24 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...