PM to inaugurate annual meeting of AfDB next week
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the five-day annual meeting of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group, its first ever in India. The PM will open the meeting on May 23 to be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat a sign of strengthening of ties between India and the African region. The meeting, on May 22-26, is the largest event of the Bank, which would witness about 3,000 delegates from 81 member countries converging at the Mahatma Mandir convention centre.
During the course of the event, the board of governors of the Bank will meet to dwell on major developmental challenges facing the African countries and the ways to achieve an inclusive and sustainable growth, the finance ministry said in a statement on Thursday. AfDB has adopted a strategy called "High 5s", which focuses on five major developmental priorities comprising agriculture, energy, industrialisation, regional connectivity, and improved quality of life through access to social and economic opportunities, it said.
- Tech Mahindra Q4 net profit doubles to Rs 1,222 crore 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Toyota and Suzuki expand scope of partnership in India 26 May 2018 | Prof R S S Mani
- Benchmarks soar for 2nd day, end volatile week with modest gains 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Cadila Healthcare Q4 net up 53% at Rs 590.8 cr 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Global stocks fall on North Korea, new Trump trade worries 26 May 2018 | AFP
- Flipkart-Walmart deal: CAIT fears predatory pricing by Walmart 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki, Toyota outline plans to cooperation deal 26 May 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Delta Airlines set to resume nonstop flights to Mumbai next year 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi serves notice on Chanda Kochhar in Videocon loan case 26 May 2018 | PTI
- 7 states/UTs to roll out intra-state e-way bill today 25 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
27 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
The Nipah virus mystery deepened on Saturday as the samples collected from bats in Kerala’s Kozhikode and Malappuram districts, where 13 people have died of the infection, have tested negative for the virus. A report submitted by a central medical team to the Union Health Ministry also ruled out pigs to be the primary source of the virus...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan remained in the midst of villagers of Pachore, Lachore and Bhadakui of Nasrullaganj tehsil till Friday midnight during his Vikas Yatra in Sehore district. The Chief Minister held a direct dialogue with the villagers during the Jan-Samvad programme and gave information to them about the public welfare schemes...