- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
PM to inaugurate annual meeting of AfDB next week
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the five-day annual meeting of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group, its first ever in India. The PM will open the meeting on May 23 to be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat a sign of strengthening of ties between India and the African region. The meeting, on May 22-26, is the largest event of the Bank, which would witness about 3,000 delegates from 81 member countries converging at the Mahatma Mandir convention centre.
During the course of the event, the board of governors of the Bank will meet to dwell on major developmental challenges facing the African countries and the ways to achieve an inclusive and sustainable growth, the finance ministry said in a statement on Thursday. AfDB has adopted a strategy called "High 5s", which focuses on five major developmental priorities comprising agriculture, energy, industrialisation, regional connectivity, and improved quality of life through access to social and economic opportunities, it said.
- US tax system: Republicans for sweeping changes, huge tax cuts 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Shriram Prop may buy stressed assets; lines up invt worth Rs 1.6k cr 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- UIDAI bars Bharti Airtel, Airtel Payments Bank's eKYC licence 17 Dec 2017 | PNS
- E-way bill cleared; mechanism ready by Jan 16, rollout by Jun 1 17 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Salutary benefits from DeMo in India: IMF 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- We should have not taken decision to venture into Africa, says Mittal 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Exit polls help run stocks high, Sensex jumps 216 pts 16 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Exports jump 30.55% to $26.19 bn in Nov 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- GST Council to meet today; discuss roll out of e-way bill 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Government to replace GST Ordinance with Bill 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The universities need to take a fresh look at their curricula as well as pedagogy while promoting research works, suggested the Governor Krishan Kant Paul while addressing scholars and faculty members during the convocation ceremony of the DIT University here on Saturday. Terming the universities as ‘gloried colleges’ in absence of any research activity, he said that excellence and quality are a must for education...