PM to inaugurate annual meeting of AfDB next week
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the five-day annual meeting of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group, its first ever in India. The PM will open the meeting on May 23 to be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat a sign of strengthening of ties between India and the African region. The meeting, on May 22-26, is the largest event of the Bank, which would witness about 3,000 delegates from 81 member countries converging at the Mahatma Mandir convention centre.
During the course of the event, the board of governors of the Bank will meet to dwell on major developmental challenges facing the African countries and the ways to achieve an inclusive and sustainable growth, the finance ministry said in a statement on Thursday. AfDB has adopted a strategy called "High 5s", which focuses on five major developmental priorities comprising agriculture, energy, industrialisation, regional connectivity, and improved quality of life through access to social and economic opportunities, it said.
- ‘GST to add 40 bps to growth rate; won’t stoke inflation’ 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Mahindra Electric bets big on e-vehicles; to ramp up output 25 May 2017 | PTI
- India, Japan JV to set up LNG import terminal in Sri Lanka 25 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘B’luru prime destination for IoT startups in India’ 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Videocon shares see massive sell-off; drop 42% in 3 days 25 May 2017 | PTI
- MSI plans to upgrade engines, more models with automatic variants 25 May 2017 | PTI
- HCL Tech to buyback stock at 17% premium for Rs 3,500 crore 25 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘ADD on steel items to create stable environment’ 25 May 2017 | Manoj Raghuvanshi
- Note ban ‘successful political coup’: French economist Sorman 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Sikka’s salary drops 67% in FY17, total payout down 7% 25 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Naya Raipur
There will be 14 minor bridges constructed including a major bridge on the proposed railway track between Mandirhasaud, Naya Raipur and Kendri in the new capital region, officials informed. Notably, Naya Raipur has emerged in the country with the largest land bank of a mammoth 237 square kilometres ( 23,700 hectares), officials stated...