- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Power producers see tariffs coming down under GST regime
Delhi Thermal power tariffs are likely to come down due to lower tax rate on coal under the Good and Service Tax regime which is expected to be rolled out from July 1, 2017.
The tax rate has been finalised at 5 per cent on coal as against the current tax incidence of 11.69 per cent at the GST Council meeting held in Srinagar today.
“The coal-based thermal power rates of different power plants may see a downward trends under the new GST regime as lower tax rate of 5 per cent proposed on it,” an official of an independent power producer said. However, the official said that the quantum or proportion of reduction in the tariff could not be ascertained at this point of time because there is multiple layer of levies and charges on coal as well as on electricity.
At present the average price of power of the state-run power giant NTPC Ltd is about Rs 3.20 per unit. Its different plants have different rates of tariff based on fixed cost, levies and other charges.
A senior official of a public sector firm explained, “The power tariff would definitely come down but we don’t know to what extend.
- Samsung pledges support to ‘Safe India’ campaign 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- TCS, Hyderabad Engg college sign pact for collaboration 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- CBDT notifies new scrutiny notices with e-facility for taxpayers 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- States’ fiscal deficit FY’16 soars to Rs 4.93 tn 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Privatisation talks not to affect AI's expansion plans’ 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finalising modalities of Rs 13,000-crore cap allocation plan: Infy 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST Clinics to help traders in smooth transition, says CAIT 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST to make exports more competitive, says Nirmala 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- DHL to invest $100 mn in India to meet GST challenges 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...