- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
PV sales rise over 15% in July
Passenger vehicle sales rose over 15 per cent in July driven by restocking of vehicles at dealerships after GST implementation.
According to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), passenger vehicle sales rose by 15.12 per cent to 2,98,997 units in July from 2,59,720 units in the same month last year.
Car sales were up 8.52 per cent at 1,92,773 units as against 1,77,639 units in July last year. Utility vehicles sales also rose by 35.72 per cent to 86,874 units.
“In June, dealers were liquidating their stocks while the reverse has happened in July. Dealers have replenished their stocks across segments last month,” SIAM Director General Vishnu Mathur told reporters here.
- SEBI bars Remac Realty, 5 directors for illegal money-pooling schemes 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Markets inch up with minor gains; investors‚Äô eye on Fed policy meet 21 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Prabhu appeals for common ground to strengthen WTO 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- UltraTech Cement may get support from Binani creditors 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Banks Board Bureau calls for greater dialogue with Finance Ministry; seeks more mandate 21 Mar 2018 | PNS
- EESL acquires UK-based utility Edina for Rs 493 cr 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Overseas push: Govt scraps export duty on sugar 21 Mar 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- MG Motors outlines India growth story 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bandhan Bank public offer oversubscribed over 14 times 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...