- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
PV sales rise over 15% in July
Passenger vehicle sales rose over 15 per cent in July driven by restocking of vehicles at dealerships after GST implementation.
According to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), passenger vehicle sales rose by 15.12 per cent to 2,98,997 units in July from 2,59,720 units in the same month last year.
Car sales were up 8.52 per cent at 1,92,773 units as against 1,77,639 units in July last year. Utility vehicles sales also rose by 35.72 per cent to 86,874 units.
“In June, dealers were liquidating their stocks while the reverse has happened in July. Dealers have replenished their stocks across segments last month,” SIAM Director General Vishnu Mathur told reporters here.
- BusinessCorner 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Murthy for user-friendly privacy laws 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- NLCI carves a niche 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- ADB cuts India GDP growth forecast to 6.7% for 2017-18 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Trai‚Äôs views on in-flight connectivity framework by Dec-end: An official 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Market turns shaky on ADB growth forecast, macro fears 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Bankers decide to refer 22-23 large NPA accounts to NCLT 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- India's interests protected even if WTO Ministerial fails 14 Dec 2017 | TS Vishwanath
- S Korea bans banks, FIs from dealing in Bitcoin 14 Dec 2017 | AFP
- Sensing tax evasion, I-T conducts surveys of Bitcoin exchanges 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...