RBI skips June 30 asset liability nos, to be announced later
The Reserve Bank has refrained from releasing its asset liability figures for the week ended June 30, which is also the last day for depositing defunct currency notes by NRIs.
June 30 is also the last day of July-June financial year followed by the central bank.
This is probably for the first time, RBI in its Weekly Statistical Supplement has not come out with the figures for week ended June 30.
“The figures for Friday, June 30, 2017 will be published as part of RBI’s Balance Sheet in August 2017 in the Annual Report of the bank,” RBI said in its latest statistical supplement.
Instead, the central bank has given figures for the week ended July 7.
Last week, RBI Governor Urjit Patel informed a parliamentary standing committee that the bank was still not in a position to provide the exact amount of demonetised currency returned to the central bank.
He also said the RBI has cut staff holidays to complete counting of currency notes and ordered more machines to expedite the process.
The central bank chief said employees were working “round-the-clock” except on Sundays.
As part of efforts to fight corruption and black money menace, the Government last year demonetised old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes.
As on November 8, 2016, the total amount of currency in circulation was Rs 17.7 lakh crore, which included specified bank notes (SBNs) of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000.
There was a 50-day window for exchanging old notes at banks and post offices from November 9 to December 30.
- Energy stocks fuel market rally; Nifty tops 10,600-mark 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- TDSAT stays TRAI‚Äôs revised SMP definition, reporting requirement on segmented offers 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Duty of up to $92/tonne likely on chemical import from 4 nations 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Govt to frame policy on e-commerce 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Vodafone to HC: Not obligated to provide interconnectivity to Jio 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Resolution plan for Bhushan asset a win-win for all: Liberty House 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- CMD: MTNL revival plan on, DoT panel meeting regularly 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- FinMin to move to cash basis accounting for GST collection 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Malaysia's IHH makes binding offer to invest Rs 650 cr in Fortis 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...