- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Real estate sector hard hit, but made it transparent: Experts
Housing sales were hit badly and prices fell post demonetisation but the realty sector benefited from the move as it led to greater transparency in the market, say property developers and consultants.
“The positive impact on real estate is that now even secondary transactions have converted to banking channel as there is no cash available,” said DLF CEO Rajeev Talwar.
NAREDCO President Niranjan Hiranandani said that past one year not only witnessed demonetisation but also other big policy developments like the implementation of RERA as well as taxation reform, GST. “To be honest, all of these have had their own share of teething troubles, but fortunately so far things are under control,” he said. “Note ban has led to greater efficiencies and transparency in the reality sector and we welcome it,” he said.
- India retains top remittance receiver rank at $69-bn 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- FinMin not for cut in excise duty on petrol, diesel 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Infra lending may take a back seat as RBI refuses to budge on new NPA rules 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 24 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- Tata Sons appoints ex-foreign secy Jaishankar as global corp affairs head 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- NCLAT adjourns hearing on Reliance Infratel asset sale to May 2 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Consider Liberty House bid: NCLT to Bhushan Steel 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- ‚ÄėTCS keen to join hands with Govt for emergency services to accident victims' 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- TCS first Indian company to touch $100-bn in market cap 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- India calls for increase in voting rights at World Bank 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...