- Five killed after gunmen storm luxury hotel in Kabul
- AAI to raise funds to meet capital expenditure requirements
- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
Real estate sector hard hit, but made it transparent: Experts
Housing sales were hit badly and prices fell post demonetisation but the realty sector benefited from the move as it led to greater transparency in the market, say property developers and consultants.
“The positive impact on real estate is that now even secondary transactions have converted to banking channel as there is no cash available,” said DLF CEO Rajeev Talwar.
NAREDCO President Niranjan Hiranandani said that past one year not only witnessed demonetisation but also other big policy developments like the implementation of RERA as well as taxation reform, GST. “To be honest, all of these have had their own share of teething troubles, but fortunately so far things are under control,” he said. “Note ban has led to greater efficiencies and transparency in the reality sector and we welcome it,” he said.
- HDFC Bank admits under-provisioning, over-stating FY17 profit; Q3 net up 20% 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Lower expenses help ITC‚Äôs Q3 net profit grow to 17% at Rs 3,090 cr 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Sebi permits strategic investors to invest up to 25% in REITs, InvITs 20 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Refund unspent money of mob customers, RCom told 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- SAT refuses to stay Sebi ban on PW 20 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Bull run on, mkts vault to record highs again 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Anti-pollution drive: In a first, Merc to launch BS-VI, locally made car 20 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Ahead of asset monetisation, RCom seeks shareholders' nod 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- States welcome amendment to mineral auction rules: Mines Min 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Corporates open to public gaze as data available online: FM 20 Jan 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
21 Jan 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Cold wave conditions persisted on Saturday in most parts of north India with the mercury further dropping in Kashmir and high-altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh recording sub-zero temperatures. Normal life remained hit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kargil as the minimum there settled at minus 19...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Congress party exhibited a strong fight in the Madhya Pradesh civic polls by winning nine presidential posts in 19 civic bodies on Saturday, tying with the BJP, which too won equal numbers. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's charisma could not help the BJP take over the Congress citadel of Raghogarh, hometown of AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh...