REC organises National Workshop on Universal Electrification
The Ministry of Power, REC and Government of Bihar jointly organised a National Workshop on Universal Electrification chaired by AK Bhalla, Secretary Power, GoI on 8th and 9th August 2017 in Patna. The workshop was conducted to deliberate upon the issues and challenges faced in the implementation of Universal Household Electrification across the nation. Arun Kumar Verma, Joint Secretary (Rural Electrification), GoI, Dr PV Ramesh, CMD, REC and PrityayaAmrit, Principal Secretary (Energy), Govt of Bihar were also a part of the workshop.
The workshop was also attended by Principal Secretaries, MDs of DISCOMS and other senior officials from 15 States. The delegates visited villages in Vaisahli district and Sabbait Village, Silo Block in Nalanda District, where SBPDCL officials gave a live demonstration of the mobile/desktop applications used by Bihar DISCOM for conducting surveys and registrations for providing household connections.
- Business Corner 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėGDP to grow at 7.2% in 2018; 7.4 in 2019‚Äô 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Volvo India unveils second-generation XC60 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėInfra to attract $13 bn invt via NIIF: Garg 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Subscriber base of telecom dips to 120 cr in Oct 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- CBDT: Over 14 crore PAN-Aadhaar linked out of 33 crore so far 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Guidelines for tariff-based wind power auction issued 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Sebi, bourses step up vigil ahead of Guj polls outcome 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- To probe data leaks via social media 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Sebi may reduce listing time to four days from six, says Tyagi 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...