REC organises National Workshop on Universal Electrification
The Ministry of Power, REC and Government of Bihar jointly organised a National Workshop on Universal Electrification chaired by AK Bhalla, Secretary Power, GoI on 8th and 9th August 2017 in Patna. The workshop was conducted to deliberate upon the issues and challenges faced in the implementation of Universal Household Electrification across the nation. Arun Kumar Verma, Joint Secretary (Rural Electrification), GoI, Dr PV Ramesh, CMD, REC and PrityayaAmrit, Principal Secretary (Energy), Govt of Bihar were also a part of the workshop.
The workshop was also attended by Principal Secretaries, MDs of DISCOMS and other senior officials from 15 States. The delegates visited villages in Vaisahli district and Sabbait Village, Silo Block in Nalanda District, where SBPDCL officials gave a live demonstration of the mobile/desktop applications used by Bihar DISCOM for conducting surveys and registrations for providing household connections.
- Bharat-22 ETF oversubscribed, investors put in bids worth Rs 12,500 cr so far 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets stage strong comeback, log 5th weekly gains 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėHSCC, EPIL in advanced stages for merger with similarly placed CPSEs' 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- EU slaps tariffs on US as trade war erupts 23 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Business Corner 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Prabhu says India trying to resolve trade disputes with many nations 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM pitches for double-digit GDP growth 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Panama Paper Leaks: MAG looking into fresh revelations, says FinMin 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets skid on trade turbulence, macro risks 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NPAs to see reduction of Rs 5K cr in Q1 on change in NPA norms for small business: Rajiv Kumar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...