REC organises National Workshop on Universal Electrification
The Ministry of Power, REC and Government of Bihar jointly organised a National Workshop on Universal Electrification chaired by AK Bhalla, Secretary Power, GoI on 8th and 9th August 2017 in Patna. The workshop was conducted to deliberate upon the issues and challenges faced in the implementation of Universal Household Electrification across the nation. Arun Kumar Verma, Joint Secretary (Rural Electrification), GoI, Dr PV Ramesh, CMD, REC and PrityayaAmrit, Principal Secretary (Energy), Govt of Bihar were also a part of the workshop.
The workshop was also attended by Principal Secretaries, MDs of DISCOMS and other senior officials from 15 States. The delegates visited villages in Vaisahli district and Sabbait Village, Silo Block in Nalanda District, where SBPDCL officials gave a live demonstration of the mobile/desktop applications used by Bihar DISCOM for conducting surveys and registrations for providing household connections.
- Tepid credit growth: RBI data missing non-bank, debt markets 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Aurobindo to widen US portfolio, enter new markets in Europe 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Delhi to host 4th India-International MSME & Startup Expo 2017 from 24 Aug 21 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Sikka saga:Institutions need to outlive founders, feel experts 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- 3 insurers file IPO papers in 3 weeks; may fetch Rs 20,000 crore 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Shapoorji Pallonji Real Estate to launch six projects in FY18 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- NCLT must treat home buyers at par with banks: Assocham 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Banks stare at union strike on Tuesday, services may be hit 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Global cues, Infy turmoil to dictate market trend: Experts 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- IOC to invest Rs 52k cr in Paradip after pact with Odisha Government 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Government has decided to form State-level task force led by Mining Secretary which will look into matters of illegal mining of minerals and sand in the State. Government spokesperson and Personnel Department Principal Secretary Nidhi Khare said on Sunday that similar task forces would be set up in districts, led by respective Deputy Commissioner (DC) and supported by members like District Mining Officer and Circle Officer, which will conduct...