- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Reliance Nippon Life AMC eyes Rs 1,542 crore from IPO
Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management expects to raise Rs 1,542 crore through initial public offer later this month, with the company fixing a price band of Rs 247-252 per share. The IPO will open for subscription from October 25-27, Reliance Capital said in a regulatory filing.
The Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group firm's IPO will be the first by an asset management company (AMC) in India though smaller rival UTI Mutual Fund's offer plans have also been in the works for a long time. The public issue comprises fresh issuance of 2.45 crore shares, besides an offer for sale of 3.67 crore shares by Reliance Capital and Nippon Life Insurance Company.
Reliance Capital and Nippon Life will each dilute 3 per cent stake. The IPO size will be around 10 per cent of the post issue paid-up capital of the company. According to the filing, the IPO will open on October 25 with a ‘price band of Rs 247-252 per equity share’. At the upper end of the price band, the share sale would garner Rs 1,542.42 crore. “It is a moment of pride and honour for us to at Reliance Nippon Life to be the first in the country to come out with an IPO of an asset management company,” the company's ED and CEO Sundeep Sikka said.
Addressing a press meet here, he said it is one of the largest asset management companies in India and believes in focusing on profitability. “We aim to create value for our shareholder, in the same manner like our mutual fund unit holders. We have already doubled digital transactions to 21 per cent now and hope to continue to be on the growth front,” Sikka said.
Jointly owned by Japan's Nippon Life and Reliance Capital, the firm is the asset manager to Reliance Mutual Fund. JM Financial, CLSA, Nomura and Axis Capital are the global coordinators and book running lead managers for the initial share sale. Earlier this week, group firm Reliance General Insurance filed draft papers with Sebi for an IPO.
- Strong representation by Skill India team in Abu Dhabi WorldSkills opener 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Lower underwriting losses, combined ratio lift ICICI Lombard net 19.3% to Rs 204 crore 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Unlimited calling, data on Bharat phone for Rs 97/mth offered by BSNL 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Against job quota in pvt sector: Niti VC 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- People throng jewellery shops on Dhanteras by overcoming note ban & GST impact 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Axis Bank net jumps 38% on lower base 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- EPFO to take a call on EPF interest rate for FY‚Äô18 next month 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wipro profit up 6% in September quarter 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- VPS Healthcare lines up Rs 1k-crore for domestic buyouts in hospital space 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Options trading to formalise gold trade: FM 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...