RIL 2nd firm to cross Rs 5 lakh cr in mcap after TCS
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Monday attained a market valuation of over Rs 5 lakh crore, becoming the second firm after TCS to achieve this milestone.
At close of the trade on Monday, the market capitalisation (m-cap) of RIL stood at Rs 5,04,458.09 crore, making it the most valued company in the country.
Shares of the company rose by 1.33 per cent to settle at Rs 1,551.35 on BSE. During the day, it gained 1.81 per cent to Rs 1,558.80 -- its multi-year high level.
At NSE, shares of the company went up by 1.1 per cent to close at Rs 1,551.75.
The company’s market valuation advanced by Rs 6,672.09 crore to Rs 5,04,458.09 crore.
- Business Corner 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Tata Motors to hike prices by up to Rs 25K 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Y Screens explores new avenues to provide entertainment & jobs 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- What people want from technology 12 Dec 2017 | Kushan Mitra
- Good times for mkt continue, Sensex rallies 205 points 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėGovt to fully protect public deposits‚Äô 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Prabhu calls for devp; rejects new issues for talks 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Food security & E-commerce biz: Tough stance keeps India on course 12 Dec 2017 | TS Vishwanath
- Low base propels passenger vehicle Nov sales to 14.29% 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- India‚Äôs ultra-mega solar project to be discussed at France Summit: WB chief 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The Chipko Movement leader and noted activist Chandi Prasad Bhatt said that the Himalayan region is experiencing the effects of lack of political will and absence of ground level implementation of various environmental laws. He said this while delivering the second RS Tolia memorial lecture on the occasion of International Mountain Day at the regional science centre of the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) here on Monday...