- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Sensex ends at over 1-mth low, melts 318 points
Gripped by fear psychosis due to geo-political aftershocks, key stock market indices were on a sticky wicket for the fifth day on Friday as both Sensex and Nifty fell over 1 per cent to hit their one-month lows. The sharp plunge left investors poorer by over Rs 95,000 crore as the market cap stood at Rs 1,27,08,846 crore.
Risk appetite took a hit after the Economic Survey said achieving the high end of the 6.75-7.5 per cent growth projected previously will be difficult. This is markets' first weekly fall in six. Weakness in the rupee against the American currency and lacklustre global shares dragged down the indices, too.
The BSE 30-share Sensex remained in the negative zone and settled down 317.74 points, or 1.01 per cent, at 31,213.59, its weakest closing since July 4. The index had tumbled 794.08 points in the last four sessions. The NSE Nifty after cracking the 9,700-mark to hit a low of 9,685.55, finally settled lower 109.45 points, or 1.11 per cent, at 9,710.80, a level last seen on July 7.
- Managing costs with quality is top priority for healthcare providers: Bain & Company 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam not a systemic issue: WB official 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Jt panel on FRDI Bill gets more time to submit report 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD widens, rises 2% of GDP at $13.5 bn in Q3‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB to honour bonafide LoUs 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Investors poorer by Rs 1.86L cr as mkts sink on huge sell-off 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki unveils Intruder variant priced at Rs 1,06,896 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 11 non-operational coal mines to start production from June 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...