Tata Group seeks CCI approval for buying out DoCoMo’s stake in TTSL
The Tata Group companies have sought fair trade regulator CCI’s approval to buy out Japanese telecom major NTT DoCoMo’s stake in Tata Teleservices. In its application, Tata Group has told CCI that the proposed transaction will not affect or change the competitive landscape of the telecommunications market in India. Tata Sons and four other group firms jointly made a filing with the CCI for the acquisition of shares amounting to 21.63 per cent stake in TTSL. “Tata Sons, Tata Steel, Tata Industries, Tata Communications and Tata Power propose to undertake a transaction which will result in acquisition of equity shares of TTSL comprising 21.63 per cent of the paid-up equity share capital, by the acquirers from DoCoMo pursuant to certain consent terms entered into between Tata Sons and DoCoMo,” as per the agreement filed with CCI.
- ‘EU to slap Google with record fine this week’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Modi's Sabka Saath inspires IGL's Swasth Saarthi 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- DoT working on stricter rules for tracking lost cell phones 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rajan was offered deputy governor's post in RBI by Reddy 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finmin for extending RBI deadline on Basel III norms 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Record low credit growth: 1,000 cos borrowed Rs1tln less in FY17 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US business schools can study India's GST implementation: Modi 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt's move to defer TCS under GST will help small biz: Amazon 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt defers TDS, TCS under GST to ensure smooth rollout 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Essar Steel eyes 25% market share in auto-grade steel segment 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...