- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Telecom body partners with Cisco, others to train 80,000 people
Industry body Telecom Sector Skill Council has partnered global networking giant Cisco, World Trade Centre Bangalore and others to help train 80,000 persons in the country's telecom space over the next 18 months.
The Telecom Sector Skill Council is an industry-led body, jointly promoted by Cellular Operators Association of India, Indian Cellular Association and Telecom Centres of Excellence.
"The National Telecom Policy - 2012 recognises that the rapid growth in the telecom sector requires to be supported by an enhanced pace of human capital formation and capacity building," council's CEO S P Kochhar said.
With the launch of the skills development programme, the council is addressing one of the biggest challenges Indian businesses face today -- the lack of relevant skills and an employable workforce, he added.
"We have entered into an MoU with TSSC to support the training of over 80,000 youth in India over the next 18 months," Cisco President Inclusive Growth Aravind Sitaraman said.
The council has been mandated to facilitate training of 80,000 people and help infuse Rs80 crore government support for training in telecom domain under the recently launched National Skill Certification and Monetary (STAR) scheme. It envisages to train five million people by 2022.
As part of the initiative, Cisco will deploy its education enabled development platform, a cloud-based video delivered solution, to empower rural India through efficient delivery of skill development courses.
- Bharat-22 ETF oversubscribed, investors put in bids worth Rs 12,500 cr so far 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets stage strong comeback, log 5th weekly gains 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėHSCC, EPIL in advanced stages for merger with similarly placed CPSEs' 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- EU slaps tariffs on US as trade war erupts 23 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Business Corner 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Prabhu says India trying to resolve trade disputes with many nations 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM pitches for double-digit GDP growth 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Panama Paper Leaks: MAG looking into fresh revelations, says FinMin 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets skid on trade turbulence, macro risks 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NPAs to see reduction of Rs 5K cr in Q1 on change in NPA norms for small business: Rajiv Kumar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...