Telecom body partners with Cisco, others to train 80,000 people
Industry body Telecom Sector Skill Council has partnered global networking giant Cisco, World Trade Centre Bangalore and others to help train 80,000 persons in the country's telecom space over the next 18 months.
The Telecom Sector Skill Council is an industry-led body, jointly promoted by Cellular Operators Association of India, Indian Cellular Association and Telecom Centres of Excellence.
"The National Telecom Policy - 2012 recognises that the rapid growth in the telecom sector requires to be supported by an enhanced pace of human capital formation and capacity building," council's CEO S P Kochhar said.
With the launch of the skills development programme, the council is addressing one of the biggest challenges Indian businesses face today -- the lack of relevant skills and an employable workforce, he added.
"We have entered into an MoU with TSSC to support the training of over 80,000 youth in India over the next 18 months," Cisco President Inclusive Growth Aravind Sitaraman said.
The council has been mandated to facilitate training of 80,000 people and help infuse Rs80 crore government support for training in telecom domain under the recently launched National Skill Certification and Monetary (STAR) scheme. It envisages to train five million people by 2022.
As part of the initiative, Cisco will deploy its education enabled development platform, a cloud-based video delivered solution, to empower rural India through efficient delivery of skill development courses.
- Business Corner 19 Dec 2017 | PNS
- JSW Gr firm to buy 49% stake in BRPL 19 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Second batch of supplementary demands for grants moved by Govt 19 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Undisclosed income of Rs 7,961 cr unearthed 19 Dec 2017 | PTI
- 4-5L HNIs to get IT notices on bitcoin probe pan-India 19 Dec 2017 | PTI
- FRDI Bill may not be introduced in Budget Session too 19 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Airtel tells NPCI: Will return Rs 190 cr subsidy to original a/cs 19 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Sensex swings over 1100 pts from red to green 19 Dec 2017 | PNS
- VIT students earn rare distinction in ‚ÄėRajasthan Hackathon 3.0‚Äô 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Panel moots host of changes in life insurance sector 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The State of World Children 2017 Report was released here on Monday in Madhya Pradesh in the presence of children and young people at a Children Carnival in Bhopal on Monday. Around 150 children and young people from Bhopal, Itarsi and Harda participated...