- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Telecom body partners with Cisco, others to train 80,000 people
Industry body Telecom Sector Skill Council has partnered global networking giant Cisco, World Trade Centre Bangalore and others to help train 80,000 persons in the country's telecom space over the next 18 months.
The Telecom Sector Skill Council is an industry-led body, jointly promoted by Cellular Operators Association of India, Indian Cellular Association and Telecom Centres of Excellence.
"The National Telecom Policy - 2012 recognises that the rapid growth in the telecom sector requires to be supported by an enhanced pace of human capital formation and capacity building," council's CEO S P Kochhar said.
With the launch of the skills development programme, the council is addressing one of the biggest challenges Indian businesses face today -- the lack of relevant skills and an employable workforce, he added.
"We have entered into an MoU with TSSC to support the training of over 80,000 youth in India over the next 18 months," Cisco President Inclusive Growth Aravind Sitaraman said.
The council has been mandated to facilitate training of 80,000 people and help infuse Rs80 crore government support for training in telecom domain under the recently launched National Skill Certification and Monetary (STAR) scheme. It envisages to train five million people by 2022.
As part of the initiative, Cisco will deploy its education enabled development platform, a cloud-based video delivered solution, to empower rural India through efficient delivery of skill development courses.
- DHL to invest $100 mn in India to meet GST challenges 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- CIL’s coal supply to power sector drops by 64.7 MT 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Forex kitty at record high of $381.955 bn 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Mkts in consolidation mode; auto, bank scrips pull down Sensex 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- New rules to make realty free of undesirable activity: Parekh 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Affordable housing finance space to grow to Rs 6 trillion by FY’22 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- RIL overtakes TCS to become most valued Indian firm 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Panagariya makes presentation to PMO for reliable jobs data 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- RS 86k-cr Essar Oil-Rosneft deal gets lenders’ approval 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt, TRAI discuss policy; IMG brainstorms on telcos’ demands 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...