Telecom body partners with Cisco, others to train 80,000 people
Industry body Telecom Sector Skill Council has partnered global networking giant Cisco, World Trade Centre Bangalore and others to help train 80,000 persons in the country's telecom space over the next 18 months.
The Telecom Sector Skill Council is an industry-led body, jointly promoted by Cellular Operators Association of India, Indian Cellular Association and Telecom Centres of Excellence.
"The National Telecom Policy - 2012 recognises that the rapid growth in the telecom sector requires to be supported by an enhanced pace of human capital formation and capacity building," council's CEO S P Kochhar said.
With the launch of the skills development programme, the council is addressing one of the biggest challenges Indian businesses face today -- the lack of relevant skills and an employable workforce, he added.
"We have entered into an MoU with TSSC to support the training of over 80,000 youth in India over the next 18 months," Cisco President Inclusive Growth Aravind Sitaraman said.
The council has been mandated to facilitate training of 80,000 people and help infuse Rs80 crore government support for training in telecom domain under the recently launched National Skill Certification and Monetary (STAR) scheme. It envisages to train five million people by 2022.
As part of the initiative, Cisco will deploy its education enabled development platform, a cloud-based video delivered solution, to empower rural India through efficient delivery of skill development courses.
- Business Corner 23 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- FinMin asks non-compliant NBFCs to register with FIU 23 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD may treble to $10-12bn in Q4 on higher trade deficit‚Äô 23 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Campaign against dangers of second-hand smoke exposure launched 23 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB issued over 41k LoUs since 2011, says FinMin 23 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Need to take urgent measures to streamline cross-border trade, PMO to Commerce Ministry 23 Mar 2018 | PTI
- FinMin says merger of 3 PSU insurers to improve solvency 23 Mar 2018 | PNS
- US Fed hikes key interest rate; says economic outlook stronger 23 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No violation in Rs 7,266-cr bid for Binani Cement under IBC, claims UltraTech 23 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Sensex, Nifty drop as trade war fears grip Dalal Street 23 Mar 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...