Three PSU non-life insurers to meet on Feb 16 on merger
The three public sector general insurance companies will be meeting on February 16 to deliberate on the proposed merger plan, a top official of United India Insurance said. As part of divestment of public sector entities, the Government has proposed in the Budget to merge National Insurance Company, United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance Company into one and subsequently list the new entity on stock exchanges.
“All the three public sector general insurance companies are meeting on the 16th of this month for discussions on Budget pronouncements,” United India Insurance Chairman and Managing Director MN Sarma said here on Tuesday on the sidelines of ASSOCHAM-organised health insurance summit.
“We hope to have some roadmap on merger and health insurance scheme in the meeting. We expect the merger to be completed before the next vote on accounts,” he said.
- Investors rush to mutual funds; over 8L folios added in a month 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Stock markets may see another phase of correction: Report 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Kerala eyes up to 15% growth in tourist arrivals in 2018 21 May 2018 | PTI
- RIL gets green nod for `2,338cr expansion project in Maharashtra 21 May 2018 | PTI
- MTNL investing `190 cr to upgrade services 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Aadhaar, PAN mandate for customs broker licence: Tax Dept 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi to consider penal action against PNB, Gitanjali Gems 21 May 2018 | PTI
- GST roadblocks hit Patanjali growth in FY18 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Petrol, diesel rates touch all-time highs 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Arbitration panel to hear Vodafone challenge to tax 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...