To participate in e-auction for Taj Mansingh: Indian Hotels
Indian Hotels Company on Friday said it intends to participate in the e-auction for the Taj Mansingh property, which the Tata Group firm has been running for decades.
The Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL) had on November 8 last year approached the Supreme Court against the Delhi High Court’s order that had cleared the decks for auctioning of the iconic hotel in the heart of the national capital.
It suffered a setback on Friday with the apex court allowing civic agency New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to e-auction the property.
“We respect the decision of the Honourable Supreme Court and intend to participate in the e-auction when it is held. We stay committed to our colleagues and guests, whose loyalty and trust remains our biggest asset,” a company spokesperson said in an e-mailed statement.
A bench comprising Justices PC Ghose and RF Nariman allowed the plea of NDMC that IHCL cannot have the right to refusal in the auctioning of the hotel.
The bench, however, asked the civic body to grant six months “breathing time” to the company in vacating the hotel in case they lose out in the e-auction.
- 7 states/UTs to roll out intra-state e-way bill today 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Rs13K cr tenders withdrawn to promote Make in India products 25 May 2018 | PTI
- MSI dominated PV segment in April with seven models in top 10 list 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Hope to turn profitable in FY‚Äô20, not before, says BSNL CMD 25 May 2018 | PTI
- End of the Indica 25 May 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- NCLAT asks Bhushan Power to proceed with selection of bids 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Govt hikes customs duty on wheat to 30% to curb cheaper imports 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Sensex recoups 153 points on global cues 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Ficci: Govt‚Äôs move to clear IBC changes to expedite NPA cases 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Rupee rebounds from 18-mth low, up 12 paise against dollar 25 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...