To participate in e-auction for Taj Mansingh: Indian Hotels
Indian Hotels Company on Friday said it intends to participate in the e-auction for the Taj Mansingh property, which the Tata Group firm has been running for decades.
The Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL) had on November 8 last year approached the Supreme Court against the Delhi High Court’s order that had cleared the decks for auctioning of the iconic hotel in the heart of the national capital.
It suffered a setback on Friday with the apex court allowing civic agency New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to e-auction the property.
“We respect the decision of the Honourable Supreme Court and intend to participate in the e-auction when it is held. We stay committed to our colleagues and guests, whose loyalty and trust remains our biggest asset,” a company spokesperson said in an e-mailed statement.
A bench comprising Justices PC Ghose and RF Nariman allowed the plea of NDMC that IHCL cannot have the right to refusal in the auctioning of the hotel.
The bench, however, asked the civic body to grant six months “breathing time” to the company in vacating the hotel in case they lose out in the e-auction.
- ‘EU to slap Google with record fine this week’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Modi's Sabka Saath inspires IGL's Swasth Saarthi 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- DoT working on stricter rules for tracking lost cell phones 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rajan was offered deputy governor's post in RBI by Reddy 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finmin for extending RBI deadline on Basel III norms 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Record low credit growth: 1,000 cos borrowed Rs1tln less in FY17 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US business schools can study India's GST implementation: Modi 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt's move to defer TCS under GST will help small biz: Amazon 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt defers TDS, TCS under GST to ensure smooth rollout 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Essar Steel eyes 25% market share in auto-grade steel segment 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...