- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
TRAI Chief hits back at telcos; says allegations of bias uncalled for
TRAI Chairman RS Sharma on Tuesday slammed incumbent telecom operators for trying to dent the sectoral regulator's impartiality and credibility, saying that their allegations of bias or favour in regulation are absolutely ‘inappropriate and uncalled for’. He said the regulator has framed the rules including that on predatory pricing following the principles of fairness, transparency and consultation.
“We are in an unenviable position. We are not here running a popularity contest,” he said. His comments came just days after British telecom giant Vodafone termed TRAI’s new rule on predatory pricing as ‘unfair’, and said the company was fighting the competition ‘with hands tied at the back’.
Sunil Mittal, who heads the country's biggest mobile phone firm Bharti Airtel had also recently stated that the operators had no choice but to move court against the regulator's order on predatory pricing, which prevents them from retaining customers and conducting business.
- Mcap of 6 of 10 most valued cos drops by Rs 52,000 crore 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Hindustan Infralog acquires 90% stake in Continental Warehousing 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Mining ban to affect India's competitiveness in international market, say ind stakeholders 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors plans to drive in new products to expand mkt presence 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- PwC suggests timebound dispute resolution under GST 19 Mar 2018 | Manoj Raghvanshi
- Electric car ind needs practical strategy: Report 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- New NPA rules: Power producers' body accuses RBI of overruling House panel 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- AAI prepares for higher capex; eyes Rs 1,500 cr loans 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- TRAI to revamp MNP process; discussion paper by month-end 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on Ofloxacin import from China 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...