... . tweaks exposure limits for brokers in currency derivatives
Sebi today modified open interest limits for bank and non-bank stock brokers in currency derivative contracts. Besides, the markets regulator has asked stock exchanges to have a uniform methodology for computing and monitoring proprietary position limits in the currency contracts.
In currency derivatives parlance, open interest generally refers to positions taken by a broker that are yet to be closed. Stock brokers -- bank as well as non-bank -- should ensure all proprietary positions created in FCY-INR pairs are within the revised consolidated limits, according to a Sebi circular. USD-INR, EUR-INR, GBP-INR and JPY-INR are among the currency derivative pairs or FCY-INR.
With respect to bank stock brokers, the single INR limit for proprietary position will be the higher of the 15 per cent total open interest across all FCY-INR pairs or up to $200 million, the circular said. In the case of non-bank stock brokers, the same will be applicable except for the overall limit being capped at $100 million.
“Stock exchanges, in consultation with each other, shall implement a uniform methodology for computing and monitoring... Of proprietary position limits in INR,” the circular said. The rupee movement has been volatile in recent weeks amid uncertain global cues. Stock exchanges and clearing corporations have to seek Sebi's approval for launching cross-currency derivatives products.
- Goyal credits Jaitley for NPA clean-up; says banks poised for growth now 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- COAI flags concerns on Trai's draft pesky call norms; seeks cost-benefit math 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala's pay package up 34.5% in FY18 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Nirav Modi stayed in flat above jewellery store in London: Report 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 16 more steel products brought under the ambit of quality control order 25 Jun 2018 | PNS
- DRI serves arrest warrant to Nirav Modi via email 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 34 in fray for MD post in PSU Banks; BBB to hold interview from June 28 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Heads of 11-PSBs to appear before par panel on Tuesday 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Idea-Voda merger may get delayed as DoT readies fresh demand of Rs 4,700 cr 25 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Bharat-22 ETF oversubscribed, investors put in bids worth Rs 12,500 cr so far 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Recognising the intent and passion of the Central Sarna Committee in safeguarding tribal customs as well as in infusing modern practices into the tribal community, Chief Minister Raghubar Das called upon the people to extend their support to the cause. The Chief Minister, in the same breath, rapped 'anti-national' forces who he alleged are attacking open culture of the community and said that the Government is here to protect the rights...