- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
United Spirits & Cairn India to move out from Sensex Next 50 index
United Spirits and Cairn India will be dropped from the BSE’s Sensex Next 50 index from April 26. Petronet LNG and Havells India will be included in the index in their place, BSE said in a circular. Sensex Next 50 index measures the performance of the subsequent 50 largest index-eligible stocks outside the BSE Sensex 50.
The exchange said that United Spirits has been dropped from the index as it no longer meets the index eligibility criteria. Further, Cairn India would move out from the index due to suspension of trading in its shares from April 26 as the cash-rich oil producer has merged into its debt-ridden parent Vedanta. Apart from Sensex Next 50 index, Cairn India would be dropped from indices including energy and infrastructure.
Last week, the exchange said it would discontinue equity as well as equity derivative trading in the security of Cairn India from April 26. Under the merger deal, shareholders of Cairn India will get one equity share of Vedanta and four redeemable preference shares of face value Rs 10 and coupon 7.5 per cent.
Further, Cairn India shareholders, as on record date, who will become shareholders of Vedanta, would also receive an interim dividend of Rs 17.70 per equity share. The record date for the share swap has been set as April 27. Earlier this month, Cairn and Vedanta had announced the completion of the merger. The merger would help the metals and mining company Vedanta access to the cash of Cairn India, helping it cut debt.
- DHL to invest $100 mn in India to meet GST challenges 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- CIL’s coal supply to power sector drops by 64.7 MT 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Forex kitty at record high of $381.955 bn 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Mkts in consolidation mode; auto, bank scrips pull down Sensex 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- New rules to make realty free of undesirable activity: Parekh 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Affordable housing finance space to grow to Rs 6 trillion by FY’22 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- RIL overtakes TCS to become most valued Indian firm 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Panagariya makes presentation to PMO for reliable jobs data 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- RS 86k-cr Essar Oil-Rosneft deal gets lenders’ approval 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt, TRAI discuss policy; IMG brainstorms on telcos’ demands 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...