United Spirits & Cairn India to move out from Sensex Next 50 index
United Spirits and Cairn India will be dropped from the BSE’s Sensex Next 50 index from April 26. Petronet LNG and Havells India will be included in the index in their place, BSE said in a circular. Sensex Next 50 index measures the performance of the subsequent 50 largest index-eligible stocks outside the BSE Sensex 50.
The exchange said that United Spirits has been dropped from the index as it no longer meets the index eligibility criteria. Further, Cairn India would move out from the index due to suspension of trading in its shares from April 26 as the cash-rich oil producer has merged into its debt-ridden parent Vedanta. Apart from Sensex Next 50 index, Cairn India would be dropped from indices including energy and infrastructure.
Last week, the exchange said it would discontinue equity as well as equity derivative trading in the security of Cairn India from April 26. Under the merger deal, shareholders of Cairn India will get one equity share of Vedanta and four redeemable preference shares of face value Rs 10 and coupon 7.5 per cent.
Further, Cairn India shareholders, as on record date, who will become shareholders of Vedanta, would also receive an interim dividend of Rs 17.70 per equity share. The record date for the share swap has been set as April 27. Earlier this month, Cairn and Vedanta had announced the completion of the merger. The merger would help the metals and mining company Vedanta access to the cash of Cairn India, helping it cut debt.
- Rosneft: EOL deal bans Ruias from re-entering oil refining, retailing for ever 22 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Govt gets Rs 42K cr tax so far in first filing under GST 22 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Infosys pulls down Sensex 22 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Infy chairman, co-chair must step down before CEO search: Bala 22 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Speculation over my future in Tata Motors annoying: Butschek 22 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Tata Motors to pump in Rs 4k cr this fiscal to launch products 22 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Tepid credit growth: RBI data missing non-bank, debt markets 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Aurobindo to widen US portfolio, enter new markets in Europe 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Delhi to host 4th India-International MSME & Startup Expo 2017 from 24 Aug 21 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Sikka saga:Institutions need to outlive founders, feel experts 21 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Aug 2017 | OP Agnihotri | LALKUAN
The 12,209 Kanpur Central- Kathgodam Garib Rath Express and 12,353 Howrah-Lalkuan super fast express, instead of their present route of Bareilly-Rampur-Lalkuan will ply on the Bareilly-Bhojipura-Lalkuan route. This decision of the railways will considerably decrease the distance between the two destination points and also result in noticeable time saving for the passengers...