United Spirits & Cairn India to move out from Sensex Next 50 index
United Spirits and Cairn India will be dropped from the BSE’s Sensex Next 50 index from April 26. Petronet LNG and Havells India will be included in the index in their place, BSE said in a circular. Sensex Next 50 index measures the performance of the subsequent 50 largest index-eligible stocks outside the BSE Sensex 50.
The exchange said that United Spirits has been dropped from the index as it no longer meets the index eligibility criteria. Further, Cairn India would move out from the index due to suspension of trading in its shares from April 26 as the cash-rich oil producer has merged into its debt-ridden parent Vedanta. Apart from Sensex Next 50 index, Cairn India would be dropped from indices including energy and infrastructure.
Last week, the exchange said it would discontinue equity as well as equity derivative trading in the security of Cairn India from April 26. Under the merger deal, shareholders of Cairn India will get one equity share of Vedanta and four redeemable preference shares of face value Rs 10 and coupon 7.5 per cent.
Further, Cairn India shareholders, as on record date, who will become shareholders of Vedanta, would also receive an interim dividend of Rs 17.70 per equity share. The record date for the share swap has been set as April 27. Earlier this month, Cairn and Vedanta had announced the completion of the merger. The merger would help the metals and mining company Vedanta access to the cash of Cairn India, helping it cut debt.
- BFIL shares end with nearly 2% up; IndusInd Bank slips 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- NIIF, ADIA ink investment pact of $1 bn 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Items in 28% GST rate slab needs to be pruned: Adhia 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėIndia gets $10 bn invt commitment in food processing‚Äô 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- AI seeks $555 mn bridge loan for three Boeing planes buying 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation eases to 2.6% in Sept 17 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Dalal Street in festive mood; Sensex, Nifty hit record highs 17 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Young entrepreneur creates a niche in hair accessories, fashion services 16 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Coal Secy blames power plants for low coal stocks 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
- SteelMin to meet industry stakeholders in Chandigarh today 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...