United Spirits & Cairn India to move out from Sensex Next 50 index
United Spirits and Cairn India will be dropped from the BSE’s Sensex Next 50 index from April 26. Petronet LNG and Havells India will be included in the index in their place, BSE said in a circular. Sensex Next 50 index measures the performance of the subsequent 50 largest index-eligible stocks outside the BSE Sensex 50.
The exchange said that United Spirits has been dropped from the index as it no longer meets the index eligibility criteria. Further, Cairn India would move out from the index due to suspension of trading in its shares from April 26 as the cash-rich oil producer has merged into its debt-ridden parent Vedanta. Apart from Sensex Next 50 index, Cairn India would be dropped from indices including energy and infrastructure.
Last week, the exchange said it would discontinue equity as well as equity derivative trading in the security of Cairn India from April 26. Under the merger deal, shareholders of Cairn India will get one equity share of Vedanta and four redeemable preference shares of face value Rs 10 and coupon 7.5 per cent.
Further, Cairn India shareholders, as on record date, who will become shareholders of Vedanta, would also receive an interim dividend of Rs 17.70 per equity share. The record date for the share swap has been set as April 27. Earlier this month, Cairn and Vedanta had announced the completion of the merger. The merger would help the metals and mining company Vedanta access to the cash of Cairn India, helping it cut debt.
- SAT stays Sebi order of winding up Sahara MF 21 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- Forex reserves at life-time high of $426.082 billion 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Coal add‚Äôl secy Suresh Kumar likely to be acting chairman of Coal India 21 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Sebi proposes to cut listing time for public issue of debt securities 21 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Markets end flat as RBI minutes weigh; post 4th weekly rise 21 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
- TCS m-cap nears $100 bn; investors richer by Rs 41,301 cr 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Saudis see oil price on rise as Trump blasts OPEC 21 Apr 2018 | Agencies
- PNB claims expected recovery of Rs 1,800 cr from ‚ÄėMission Gandhigiri‚Äô 21 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Petrol prices rise to nearly 5-yr high 21 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 21 Apr 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...