Wave enters housing finance biz, aims Rs1000cr loan book size
Wave group on Wednesday announced its foray into the housing finance sector and is targeting to disburse Rs 1,000 crore loans in the next five years.
Wave Group's new venture -- New Habitat Housing Finance and Development Ltd (NHHFDL) -- will start with an equity capital of Rs 12 crore infused by the promoters and the same would be raised to Rs 100 crore in the next three years."Wave group has entered into the housing finance as it synergies with our existing real estate business. We propose to provide attractive and customer-friendly schemes to our target group customers in both formal and informal segments," Wave Group Managing Director R K Panpalia told reporters here.
NHHFDL CEO and whole-time Director Rakesh Kapoor said the company has approval from the National Housing bank (NHB) to start the business."In the present scenario, there has been a gap in housing demand and availability of housing finance. To bridge this gap, Wave group is venturing into the housing finance sector," he added.
Stating that the company would mainly focus on retail housing finance segment, he said: "We will raise short-term and long-term funds. It will be from the public sector banks and through issue of non-convertible debentures (NCDs)".
- Bharat-22 ETF oversubscribed, investors put in bids worth Rs 12,500 cr so far 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets stage strong comeback, log 5th weekly gains 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėHSCC, EPIL in advanced stages for merger with similarly placed CPSEs' 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- EU slaps tariffs on US as trade war erupts 23 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Business Corner 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Prabhu says India trying to resolve trade disputes with many nations 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM pitches for double-digit GDP growth 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Panama Paper Leaks: MAG looking into fresh revelations, says FinMin 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets skid on trade turbulence, macro risks 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NPAs to see reduction of Rs 5K cr in Q1 on change in NPA norms for small business: Rajiv Kumar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...