1 killed, 5 hurt as wall caves in due to thunderstorm
An 18-year-old man died and five of his family members were injured after the wall of one of his houses collapsed on the other house, crushing them under rubble. The incident took place in Northeast Delhi's Gokulpuri early on Wednesday during the dust storm.
The deceased was identified as Sohail. Police said the wall collapsed due to the pressure of the wind as the house was very old and had not been renewed in a long time.
Police said the matter came to fore around 3 am, when they received a PCR call from one of the locals of the area, soon after which a team was rushed to the spot. The rescue operation went on for half an hour after which everyone was pulled out and taken to the hospital, where one of them was declared brought dead.
According to police, the house belonged to a 52-year-old man, who lived there with his wife and son. Their relative had also come to visit them on Sunday, along with her two-year-old baby and had planned to live with them for a week.
The two storeyed building was weak, cops said and had not been renovated ever since its construction ten years ago. The single storeyed house where they lived was adjacent to the other one and the one on which all five of them were sleeping.
Police said minutes after the thunderstorm began, a wall of the two storeyed building collapsed and fell on the other house, where all of them were asleep, resulting in the roof falling over them. Police said that they lived in Rajiv Gandhi Nagar and else everyone is being treated at the moment. Police said that they have registered a case under sections of death due to negligence and are enquiring into the matter.
- Youth Congress protests against fuel price hike 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sehwag, Bhaichung, Dahiya keen to run free sports coaching in city schools 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No gift please for our performing duties, say HC judges 24 May 2018 | PTI
- NGT slaps Rs 2-lakh fine on Railways 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Body of man with multiple injuries found in Okhla 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 81 vehicles impounded, several structures razed 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP questions BJP, L-G 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3-member panel to probe IRS officer‚Äôs charge 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia summoned in CS assault case 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP launches app for aspirants 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...