12-year-old girl beaten to death, father arrested
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father over some dispute. Police have arrested the accused father who allegedly killed his daughter by hitting her on the head with a stick. A murder case has been registered on the complaint of the victim's mother at Kherki Daula Police Station.
According to police, the accused has been identified as Rakesh (36), a resident of Naurangpur Village, who works as an auto driver in the city and is a drunkard. On Sunday morning around 5 am, Rakesh came home in an inebriated state and when his wife Shakuntala and daughter Anjali objected his act, he started fighting with them and later he reportedly beat his daughter till she died. He fled the spot after committing the grisly crime.
Later Shakuntala informed police, who took the girl to a hospital where she was declared dead on arrival by the doctors. After an autopsy, the body was handed over to the family.
"The accused was absconding since after the incident but after a day long search we finally nabbed him from his hideout and lodged him in the Bhondsi Jail," Ramesh Kumar, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Kherki Daula police station, said.
- UGC releases list of 24 fake universities 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Puri lays foundation stone to redevelop Kathputli Colony 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stepfather rapes minor girl for 2 years, arrested 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Cops dilly-delaying on assault probe: Hussain 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Tihar‚Äôs Sentence Review Board meeting postponed 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic police issued 5,875 postal challans across Gurugram 25 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Drug addict kills sister for money 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Case transferred to Crime Branch after protest erupts against cleric 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CBSE Class XII re-test today, no change in centres 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Jamia‚Äôs minority tag: HC recalls its earlier order 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...