12-year-old girl beaten to death, father arrested
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father over some dispute. Police have arrested the accused father who allegedly killed his daughter by hitting her on the head with a stick. A murder case has been registered on the complaint of the victim's mother at Kherki Daula Police Station.
According to police, the accused has been identified as Rakesh (36), a resident of Naurangpur Village, who works as an auto driver in the city and is a drunkard. On Sunday morning around 5 am, Rakesh came home in an inebriated state and when his wife Shakuntala and daughter Anjali objected his act, he started fighting with them and later he reportedly beat his daughter till she died. He fled the spot after committing the grisly crime.
Later Shakuntala informed police, who took the girl to a hospital where she was declared dead on arrival by the doctors. After an autopsy, the body was handed over to the family.
"The accused was absconding since after the incident but after a day long search we finally nabbed him from his hideout and lodged him in the Bhondsi Jail," Ramesh Kumar, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Kherki Daula police station, said.
- BSES gives boost to digital payment, launches App 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted criminal carrying reward on his head held from Rajasthan 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 3 Shakti gang men on run since August after killing youth arrested 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- VCs to have powers to carry out works worth `5 cr: Sisodia 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- EC bribery: Accomplice of middleman Sukesh arrested 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Movie made during note ban, money came from Pakistan, says Karni Sena 23 Nov 2017 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Preventing encroachment: Biodiversity parks along Yamuna to be developed 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Death of 12-yr-old boy in pvt hospital sparks protest 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Accused student sent to juvenile home for 14 days 23 Nov 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- BJP to organise Yamuna Challenge Cricket Trophy 22 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
In a major administrative reshuffle, the State government on Wednesday issued transfer orders to reshuffle 15 Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officers. Revenue Secretary P Narhari has been posted as Commissioner in Public Relations department...