12-year-old girl beaten to death, father arrested
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father over some dispute. Police have arrested the accused father who allegedly killed his daughter by hitting her on the head with a stick. A murder case has been registered on the complaint of the victim's mother at Kherki Daula Police Station.
According to police, the accused has been identified as Rakesh (36), a resident of Naurangpur Village, who works as an auto driver in the city and is a drunkard. On Sunday morning around 5 am, Rakesh came home in an inebriated state and when his wife Shakuntala and daughter Anjali objected his act, he started fighting with them and later he reportedly beat his daughter till she died. He fled the spot after committing the grisly crime.
Later Shakuntala informed police, who took the girl to a hospital where she was declared dead on arrival by the doctors. After an autopsy, the body was handed over to the family.
"The accused was absconding since after the incident but after a day long search we finally nabbed him from his hideout and lodged him in the Bhondsi Jail," Ramesh Kumar, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Kherki Daula police station, said.
- Cops to take forensic psychology‚Äôs help 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal reviews safety of people from North-East 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Woman among three held for blackmail, extortion 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt to develop 400 ghats for Chhath 22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- School to conduct extra classes for students: DC 22 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Bio-stabilisation started at Ghazipur landfill site: EDMC 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old woman, boyfriend held for robbing own house at Seelampur 21 Sep 2017 | SR
- Bihar don arrested near New Delhi Rly Station 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt must check noise levels of loudspeakers at mosques: NGT 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Man rapes, tries to kill minor at Karol Bagh 21 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...