12-year-old girl beaten to death, father arrested
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father over some dispute. Police have arrested the accused father who allegedly killed his daughter by hitting her on the head with a stick. A murder case has been registered on the complaint of the victim's mother at Kherki Daula Police Station.
According to police, the accused has been identified as Rakesh (36), a resident of Naurangpur Village, who works as an auto driver in the city and is a drunkard. On Sunday morning around 5 am, Rakesh came home in an inebriated state and when his wife Shakuntala and daughter Anjali objected his act, he started fighting with them and later he reportedly beat his daughter till she died. He fled the spot after committing the grisly crime.
Later Shakuntala informed police, who took the girl to a hospital where she was declared dead on arrival by the doctors. After an autopsy, the body was handed over to the family.
"The accused was absconding since after the incident but after a day long search we finally nabbed him from his hideout and lodged him in the Bhondsi Jail," Ramesh Kumar, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Kherki Daula police station, said.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...