18-month-old boy drowns in bucket of water in E Delhi
In a freak accident, a one-and-a-half year old boy died after he accidentally fell into a bucket of water while playing while his mother was sleeping in East Delhi's Ashok Nagar area. According to police, the deceased is Umakant.
Police said that the incident happened on Saturday night in the Dallupura village when Mahendra Yadav, father of the infant, who works as a dairy products supplier had gone to his native place, Varanasi.
A senior police officer said, “On Saturday evening, after the infant's mother, after doing all the household chore, went to sleep with Umakant, he woke up and went to the washroom. As per the primary investigation, we suspect that Umakant woke up and started playing with a glass. He took the glass into the washroom and threw it into the bucket full of water. It seems that to pick up the glass, he must be leaned into the bucket and he accidentally slipped into the bucket.
The bucket was brimming with water, the infant boy was found with his head and face submerged in the water and his feet were found to be dangling in the air,”. As per the statement of the infant's mother, Priyanka, she woke up only when a relative rang the bell.
On not being able to find the child on the bed, she panicked and searched the household. It was later that she along with the relative found Umakant lying inside the bucket,” added the police officer.
Police said that by the time, the boy's family rushed him to the Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, he was declared brought dead,” said the police officer, adding the incident was reported to them by the hospital authorities.
The family originally belongs to a village in Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi. Police said the child's father had gone to his native village for some work.
The local police personnel along with the forensic team went to the home, they found a glass inside the bucket. “Prima facie it appears that the child was playing with the glass. The glass apparently fell into the bucket and the child drowned while attempting to take it out,” the officer said.The toddler's body was handed over to his family members after autopsy on Monday.
- BJP leaders call off hunger strike 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia, Jain discharged from hospital 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,200 admissions approved despite initial hiccup 20 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- L-G tells CM to ‚Äėurgently' meet babus to thrash out differences 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police foil AAP MLAs' bid to emulate Kejri's sit-in 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Yogi attends workshop to analyse BJP‚Äôs defeat in UP by-elections 20 Jun 2018 | SP Singh
- Rape accused Daati Maharaj summoned for questioning 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2 hedgehogs found in unclaimed bag at Sarai Rohilla Rly station 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- SDMC Mayor urges Rly Min to improve services on ring network 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi flyover works to be completed by August: Vardhan 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
Mother of PR dept Addl Director passes away Late Laxmibai Gupta, mother of Suresh Gupta, the Additional Director, Public Relations Department passed away here on Tuesday. She was ill for last 15 days and left for heavenly abode at the age of 91 years at Bhopal on Tuesday morning...