- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
2 girls raped by fathers in separate cases in Capital
In a horrifying incident, a three-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her father at their residence in North Delhi’s Sarai Rohilla area. Police said that the incident came to light on Tuesday when the minor girl broke down and narrated about the ordeal to her mother.
As per the allegations of the victim’s mother, her husband always wanted a son. Enraged that he has two daughters, he used to physically and mentally torture his wife and two daughters.
On Monday, on the pretext of doing some household chores, the man took his three-year-old daughter with him at an isolated place where he allegedly sexually assaulted her.
He left his daughter outside the house. In pain, the minor girl started crying. On being asked, she did not say anything. However, on being persistently questioned, the minor girl broke down and revealed about the heinous act done by her father. The girl told her mother that the father had threatened the child of dire consequences if she revealed about the incident to anyone.
Based on the complaint filed by the mother and the medical examination which confirmed sexual assault, police said that they registered a case under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at the Sarai Rohilla police station.
Jatin Narwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), “We have registered a case and have arrested the man.”
This is the second such incident in a week where a minor girl has been assaulted by her father. On Saturday, a 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her father in Jahangirpuri area.
In this matter, the man, who is still absconding was in an inebriated state. For the past one week, he had been sexually assaulting the minor girl while the mother of the girl was away. On Saturday too, while the mother had gone to buy groceries, the man committed the heinous act. Based on the girl’s statement, police had registered a case.
- 20 detained for bursting crackers in front of SC to protest ban 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Blaze at Jamia Nagar: 100 jhuggis in slum near Batla House gutted 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Botanical Garden-Kalkaji line all set to open 18 Oct 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Crackdown on shops selling firecrackers, 21 cases filed 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- ICRA lauds SDMC‚Äôs financial management 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Residents can vote out liquor shop of their area: Govt 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Workers threaten to intensify protest 18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man apprehended at IGI Airport for allegedly carrying five live bullets 17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Hotel suite de-sealed after much delay 17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Top guns all! Children of cops bring laurels in inter-school shooting meet 17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...