2 held for murder in Outer Delhi
The Delhi Police on Monday claimed to have arrested two persons who brutally killed a person after he refused to give them money to buy alcohol. The incident happened in Outer Delhi’s Baprola area on Saturday. A senior police officer said, “On Saturday, a PCR call was received regarding one person lying dead in a park near Ph-II, Baprola. The deceased was identified as Mujahid Khan alias Bablu resident of Baprola. It was also revealed that some altercation took place with the deceased.”
Rajender Singh Sagar, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police 1 (Outer) said, “The arrested accused were identified as, Anil Kumar (26) and Sagar (22), both residents of Baprola.”
Police said a tip-off was received about the accused persons who committed the crime and on the basis of information it was revealed that accused persons would visit their house to collect money so that they can leave Delhi. Subsequently, on Sunday a trap was laid down at the spot and nabbed both the accused persons. Further they disclosed their identities as Anil Kumar and Sagar and confessed the murder of Mujahid committed by them.
“During the interrogation, accused persons disclosed that on Saturday, they all were together and when they wanted money from Mujahid to buy alcohol, he denied. Resultantly, altercation took place between them and both the accused persons thrashed the victim with a heavy stone and murdered him. Furthermore, blood stained clothes that accused persons were wearing during the commission of murder and blood stained heavy stone used in crime were recovered at the instance of accused persons,” said Sagar.
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-year-old man found murdered in Narela park 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses sultry weather, strong winds likely today 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Need for rehab policy on child rapes: Experts 21 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE exams: More boys called for counselling than girls 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...