2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
- Laptops, liquor bottles among articles most passengers left behind at IGI Airport 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- After one month, cops solve 21-yr-old graphic designer‚Äôs murder mystery 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 15-year-old girl raped by relative in Aman Vihar 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- More PCR vans to boost security in Gurugram 23 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Bid to abduct toddler foiled, one arrested 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Shrinking water bodies concern ecologists 23 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Water scarcity looms large on city 23 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Facial recognition system helps trace 3,000 missing children in 4 days 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- 45-year-old man stabbed to death by son-in-law 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal breaks 10-day long fast 23 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
Altogether 275 cases were resolved in National Lok Adalat held under the aegis of District Legal Services Authority under the chairmanship of PDJ Mahesh Chandra Verma on Sunday at Civil Court Garhwa. Five benches were formed for the hearing of the cases...