2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
- Teen burglar who splurged on his 6 girlfriends held 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- MP Tanwar receives several fake calls; FIR filed 31 Mar 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- 45-yr-old woman, youth shot dead in Chhawla 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gurugram police hunt 8 ‘rapists’ after case filed 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Hottest morning of season in 5 years recorded in city 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- SP Singh n Ghaziabad 31 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Govt nursery schools made attractive 31 Mar 2017 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Vijay Goel: Property tax exemption row politically motivated 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- BJP to declare candidates today 31 Mar 2017 | Sapna Singh
- JD(U) releases fifth list of candidates 31 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
31 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Hridya Naryan Dikshit was elected Speaker of the 17th Assembly unopposed on Thursday. His election was announced by Protem Speaker Fateh Bahadur Singh and later Leader of the House and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Leader of Opposition Ram Govind Chaudhary escorted Dikshit to the Speaker’s chair...