- North Korea fires 'Scud-type' ballistic missile
- Schoolgirl pushed down from building by teachers in Pakistan
- Kerala: Congress suspends four for killing ox
- Curfew-like restrictions in parts of Valley
- Erickshaw driver killing:Naidu demands action against culprits
- Search operations in Pathankot after abandoned bag found
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
- 7 new water meters stolen from Rashtrapati Bhawan 29 May 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Long wait over, Heritage Metro Line opens 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 7 Amity branches in Delhi-NCR glitter 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Girls grab top three positions in Gurugram 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi betters performance 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Manav Sthali School’s EWS student scores 91% 29 May 2017 | SR
- Topper has magic touch with electronic keyboard 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Govt schools shine 2 years in row 29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Metro Heritage Line to open tomorrow 27 May 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- India’s supercop KPS Gill dies of cardiac arrest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
28 May 2017 | Omer Farooq | Hyderabad
The love marriage of an Upper Caste girl with a lower caste boy has ended in a grisly tragedy. As the girl ended her life due to harassment of her family, police have arrested her father T Srinivas Reddy on the charges of murdering his son-in-law Amboji Naresh...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Representatives of prominent industries and various industry bodies of Chhattisgarh organised a workshop on Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Sunday at Maharaja Agrasen International College (MAIC) auditorium here. The issues which were discussed in the workshop include-- Transaction provision, Supply—Concept of levy, Valuation, Point of Taxation, Registration and Invoicing, basic of GST, Input of tax credit and return etc...