- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- Another toll-free day on DND as protest continues 30 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- British woman duped by travel agency 30 Aug 2016 | Souvik Mitra
- Stop selective leak: JNU rape victim to cops 30 Aug 2016 | Ankita Upadhyay
- DU announces 7 new vocational courses 30 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- DPS student shunted after father moves HC against fee hike 30 Aug 2016 | SP Singh
- 25-yr-old set on fire by neighbour for rejecting marriage proposal 30 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Cheat promising to sell diplomatic cars arrested 30 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Making all efforts to control outbreak, claims NMC 30 Aug 2016 | Ankita Sharma
- Ibis Asian birds prosper, courtesy good monsoon 30 Aug 2016 | Sapna Singh
- Modiji is in pockets of power cos: Kejriwal 30 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
30 Aug 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
The Akhilesh Yadav government paved the way for giving a salary raise to the Chief Minister and his ministers by introducing the UP Ministers (Salaries, Allowances and Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Bill. This also ensures houses for former Chief Ministers...
Our Constitution has no religion or caste. So there is no need to light traditional lamps during the inaugurations at state programmes or at school functions.
I can't step out of bed looking like a diva. My job is to act and not look pretty 24/7. I am not suppose to be a doll.
In India, we have emissions regulations. We understand this is important for public health, so we will try to go step by step to be accepted by Indian consumers.