- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- NASA images show stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana 26 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Chinese crackers flood Delhi markets 26 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- City’s air quality worsens 26 Oct 2016 | Sapna Singh
- Manish Sisodia calls for renaming HRD as Ministry of Education 26 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 2 held for robbing shooter Ashok Pandit of Rs 2.40 lakh 26 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Modi likely to grace DU’s 93rd annual convocation 26 Oct 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- We thought it was a bomb blast, say eyewitnesses 26 Oct 2016 | Souvik Mitra
- Uzbek woman stabbed in Lajpat Nagar 26 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Bird flu: Shakti Sthal shut as two ducks found dead 26 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Yamuna riverfront development project to be launched on Nov 1 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
26 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Congress State president Raj Babbar made a frontal attack on prime minister Narendra Modi advising him to first ensure right of woman in his own home, then advocating for the same to others. ``Narendra Modi is claiming his concern over triple talaq matter but I wanted to ask him that why he not first ensured right in his own home leaving his wife without any `talaq’, charged Babbar while reacting...
When the issue of five crore rupees came up, I intervened and told the film producers' guild that they don't have to agree to it.
I have an iPhone, but it's like one you give your two-year-old, where it pretends to press things, but nothing happens.
Akhilesh Yadav has been misguided by Azam Khan. He should understand Khan's design and mend fences with his father.