- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- Non-CNG cab ban halts State EC’s mobility 03 May 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Surge-pricing warning falls on deaf ears 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 100 diesel-run taxi drivers booked for flouting apex court’s order 03 May 2016 | SR
- ‘All India Transport Permit vehicles won’t be challaned’ 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- NGT pulls up Govt for not banning 15-yr-old vehicles 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Jain compares discoms with Britishers 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Refund Rs300 cr extra fee: Panel to pvt schools 03 May 2016 | PTI
- CBI nabs inspector for demanding Rs3L bribe 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Man commits suicide at metro station 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Dismissed SHO Dinesh Kumar’s bail application hearing today 03 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
03 May 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Poster war among the political rivals have hotted up Uttar Pradesh ahead of the 2017 Assembly polls. After the BJP and the BSP supporters depicted their leaders as deities, how could the 'Congressis' be left behind? So, a poster depicting Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as in police uniform (a la Dabang or Singham) terming him as 'Jan Rakshak' surfaced in Gorakhpur with the accompanying slogan screaming 'Mitega Atyachar'...
People of Goa will show the BJP Government its place if it continues with its support through grants to a non-regional language.
Doing a comedy is a bit different for the girls. Nobody expects girls to do something smart, or give one-liners in a film.
Nawaz Sharif, you will go to jail this time if you are proved guilty in corruption (following revelations in the Panama papers' leak)!