- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
- Thousands of students throng Talkatora Stadium 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,000 cops take part in spl event at Thyagraj 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 13K jail inmates perform asanas 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites celebrate Yoga Day with enthusiasm 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Decks cleared to set up hazardous waste disposal facility at Bawana 22 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Sanitation workers to get loans to buy sewer cleaning machines 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Post sit-in, Kejriwal holds back-to-back meetings 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Crackdown on squatters: Several areas cleared, 46 vehicles seized 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Now, WhatsApp electricity meter reading to generate bill 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 10K students grab 20% DU seats in 3 days 22 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...