- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- Girl hitches lift in Hauz Khas, raped 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Nitish's JDU to take political plunge 20 Feb 2017 | Pramod Kumar Singh
- Metro identifies trouble spots to fix them 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Safety audit of Khan Market's buildings planned 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Update official websites, depts told 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- AAP to finalise first list by month-end 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Foolproof plan to help women in distress 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gay found dead, ‘honour killing’ suspected 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Shahabuddin brought to Tihar from Siwan jail 20 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
22 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Taking a strong dig at the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) led Central Government, UP Chief mInister Akhilesh said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had always betrayed the farmers by assuring them false promises. The chief ministe said this while holding a joint road show with congress vice president Rahul Gandhi here in city...
Indira Gandhi’s aura was different, while the aura of Narendra Modi is diminishing. She was ousted in a poll but again accepted by them.
Hrithik Roshan chapter is done and dusted, and it doesn't hold any relevance in today's time. It's over for me.
Some people don't want to see a strengthened BJP in Delhi. Such frustrated people are creating rumours of differences.