- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- JANTAR MANTAR: Where ‘rebels’ throng for justice 27 Jun 2016 | Nazuk Ahluwalia/Sonalika Puri
- Pal’s 2-year struggle for unity of country 27 Jun 2016 | Rashika Shokeen/Riya Uppal
- JNU to rename campus roads after visionaries 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 225 kg drugs seized this fiscal in Capital: NCB 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Now, book DDA community halls in 15 minutes 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Bisada residents hold panchayat over FIR against Akhlaq’s family 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- CM must apologise for his Ministers’ behaviour: LoP 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Birthday party turns deadly in Sagarpur 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Police home in on Jaipur, Jammu, Nagpur 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Congress holds dharnas, seeks heads of 21 AAP MLAs over office of profit 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Chhattisgarh Government will be utilising ‘Centralised Project Management Software System’ (CPMS) for automation of Project Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting task for key projects undertaken in the State. Notably, the Government is investing significantly in the State to build physical Infrastructure — Highways, Bridges, Water & Electrical distribution system etc...
Earlier, chhatrapati (king) appointed peshwas (prime minister). In Rajya Sabha nomination of Sambhaji Raje (a Maratha royal), peshwas have appointed a chhatrapati.
There's no bigger enemy of an artist than his fans. If you fall for the expectations of your fans, you’ll never grow. I don't give a damn about fans.
I've done all I can. I've been in four finals and it hurts not to be a champion. It's a hard moment for me and the team, and it's difficult to say, but it's over with the Argentina team.