- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- If convicted, corrupt officials may have to spend life in jail 28 Nov 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Sharma’s permanent suspension demanded 28 Nov 2015 | Ankita Sharma
- AAP rebel Pushkar suspended 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Suspension of Sharma: BJP workers stage protest 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Resolution seeking reversal of decision to allot land to BJP passed 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- AAP MLA Tripathi gets bail 28 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Relief for shops-cum houses in fifty seven resettlement colonies 28 Nov 2015 | Ankita Sharma
- CCTV footage help police nab driver 28 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Pandey
- Bank accused of throwing security rules to the wind 28 Nov 2015 | Priyanka Pandey
- Weddings throw traffic out of gear 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
28 Nov 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Inaugurating a sports academy for preferentially abled persons Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that his Government was committed to provide help to the people who are willing to set up their institutions that would help the society at large. “Talent is everywhere...
Secularism is the most misused word in the country. Because of this, there have been instances of tension in society.
I have done a couple of Hindi films, but I have no plans to shift base anywhere from my State.
All too often, young people are being radicalised in the name of religion to sow discord and fear, and to tear society's fabric.