- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- Afzal event: Police hunt down anti-nationals 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- ABVP protests, seeks expulsion of accused 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Minister promises to construct 10 elevated corridors in years 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Police get 3-day custody of JNU students’ union leader to crack case 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Nation will never tolerate insult to mother India: Irani 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- HC seeks response from Centre, L-G on PIL 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- AAP won on corruption plank, but 33 MLAs tainted: Sheila 13 Feb 2016 | Pioneer
- Unique identity number to rein in rouge Noida autos 13 Feb 2016 | ABHISHEK BYAHUT
- As Pachauri's promotion backfires, TERI tries to safeguard its ‘credibility’ 13 Feb 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Inbriefs 13 Feb 2016 | PNS
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
13 Feb 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik along with Industries Minister Debi Prasad Mishra and senior officials will showcase a plethora of investment opportunities available in the State at an Odisha Investors’ Meet to be held in Mumbai on February 14 as part of the ‘Make in India’ Week. In the morning, the Chief Minister will hold one-to-one meetings with investors and foreign delegations from Japan, China and other countries...
Prime Minister Modi can advance the interest of the people of India by working effectively with President Obama.
I’m endorsing Marco Rubio to be our next president. We have got to turn the page on the Obama Administration.
Whatever is conjecture (about Netaji Bose) is not of consequence to me. What is of consequence is that he was fighting for India’s freedom.