2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
- NMC Mayor meets health officers of six zones 27 Jul 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- Traffic police stations to come soon on SPR, Dwarka E-way 27 Jul 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Tughlaqabad chemical spill: NGT asks AIIMS to submit report 27 Jul 2017 | SR
- Speeding car rams into ambulance, kills patient 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Inter-State narcotic drug cartel busted 27 Jul 2017 | SHIVANI MATTA/ SANJANA SINGH
- World comes crashing as 14-yr-old gets father‚Äôs body 27 Jul 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Van driver held for raping 4-year-old girl 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi to have Hindi literature clubs soon 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DUSIB to build toilets in JJ clusters 27 Jul 2017 | Pramod Kumar Singh
- Forest Min slams officers for ineffective monitoring of tree plantation drives 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jul 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The State health department has initiated a process to open a small medical unit at the office of State health directorate for the employees posted there. The State health directorate is located at Danda Lakhaund on Sahastradhara road...