- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan for Saarc home ministers’ meet in August
- 'Delhi Police may arrest 2 more AAP MLAs'
- Cabinet approves key changes in GST Bill
- Obama appeals for Hillary, slams Trump at Democratic Convention
- Modi congratulates May for assuming responsibility as British PM
- Hillary makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- PM Modi may get me killed: Kejriwal 28 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- CM’s comments shameful: BJP 28 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Ambedkar University gets new campus 28 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- EC refuses to make BJP, Cong, city Govt party 28 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Raid on AAP MLA’s premises for ‘tax evasion’ 28 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Fresh rebellion in BSP, 2 MLAs suspended 28 Jul 2016 | PNS
- CBI registers 4 cases of loan fraud 28 Jul 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- EAMCET-II may be cancelled as T CID finds proof of question paper leak 28 Jul 2016 | Omer Farooq
- Why a parallel police probe in sub judice Narada case: HC 28 Jul 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Quit PAC post for LF: Cong High Command to Bhunia 28 Jul 2016 | PNS
28 Jul 2016 | PNS | Chandigarh
Following the “Happening Haryana” event held earlier this year to promote the State as investment destination, Haryana Government has so far clinched 406 MoU with total potential investment of Rs6.41 lakh crore and land has been allotted for 109 projects with potential investment of Rs7041 crore...
The demand for Uniform Civil Code is a cloak for imposing Hindu Personal Law, which is actually deeply anti-women and has been made progressively more pro-women.
I am quite erratic in my decisions. I don't follow any set path. I am quite like the pokemons. I am always on the run.
The relationship between India and Pakistan cannot be resolved by symbolic gestures. There has to be a major shift in attitudes of both the countries.