- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- DU’s SOL to spread wings in NCR also 08 Oct 2015 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Five-year-old girl dies at Chacha Nehru hospital, father alleges negligence 08 Oct 2015 | Priyanka Sharma
- Mentally-challenged girl gangraped in W Delhi, two neighbours arrested 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile kills teenage friend for befriending his female mate 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Nido Tania murder: Two minor offenders released 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Court issues probe letter to Mauritius in chopper scam 08 Oct 2015 | Ankita Upadhyay
- Kirari residents take pledge to protect families from swine flu 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- AAP Govt all set to fish in troubled water for party land 08 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
- Two inmates die, 4 hurt as major scuffle breaks out in Tihar 08 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Is fat wallet plan justified for MLAs? 08 Oct 2015 | Rajesh Kumar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
08 Oct 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Without naming the BJP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that members of a ‘chalu party’ engineered the Dadri incident to divert people’s attention from development in UP and divide society on religious lines to get political mileage in the 2017 Assembly polls. “The ‘chalu party’ members raise different issues every six months thereby working on their agenda...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.