- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
2-year-old critical after rape bid, juvenile held
Delhi Police has apprehended a 16-year-old boy for allegedly attempting to rape a two-year-old girl in Mayur Vihar area of East Delhi. The victim had bite marks and injuries all over her body. Her condition is stated to be critical. Meanwhile, the accused has been produced before the Juvenile Justice Board on Monday and sent to an observation home
Police said that the victim's father is a rickshaw puller. "The incident took place on Sunday around 8 pm when the juvenile — a vagabond, who was in an inebriated State was passing by the victim’s house and found her playing outside her home,” a senior police officer said.
He allegedly picked her up and took her to an isolated park located around 50 metres from Mayur Vihar Police station and attempted to rape her. But, he got worried when the victim started crying following which he fled, leaving her in the park.
After an hour, the victim’s parents who had begun searching for her in the neighbourhood, reached the park and found their child in an unconscious state, and her clothes torn.
The victim was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital, from where she was referred to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), where her condition is said to be critical," the officer added.
In a separate incident, in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, a 17-year-old boy was apprehended for allegedly attempting to rape a five-year-old.
MORE City NEWS
- Africans flock to Jantar Mantar, seek ‘safety’ 31 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- JNU will take final call: V-C 31 May 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Dealers refuse accommodation 31 May 2016 | Sapna Singh
- Helpline on anvil 31 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Cabbie killed with screw driver 31 May 2016 | Abhishek Byahut
- Govt panel fails to find civic bodies’ financial remedy for want of response 31 May 2016 | Rajesh Kumar
- Overnight showers cool city, but add to commuters’ woes 31 May 2016 | Vishav
- Ex-Delhi Health Secy now Jt Secy of Petroleum Min 31 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Probe former RAW chief’s assets, CBI told 31 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Inbrief 31 May 2016 | Pioneer
31 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The three BJD nominees for Rajya Sabha polls on Mondayfiled their nomination papers before Assembly Secretary Amiya Kumar Sarangi, the Returning Officer, in the presence of party supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. Each candidate submitted two sets of papers having 10 proposers...
If authorities do not act against the comedian who has disrespected our national icons, the MNS will deal with him.
I like Salman Khan's company; I hope he likes mine too. If Sultan had somebody else, I wouldn't have done it.
Samajwadi Party's attempt to form an alliance with the RLD shows that it is not confident of coming to power again in Uttar Pradesh.