- No evidence of killing of 39 Indians: Sushma Swaraj
- 'US should help build Indian Navy to force China back down'
- Will strike 'heart of US' if Kim regime threatened: Pyongyang
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM remembers bravery of armed forces
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in Srinagar
- Kohli wins toss, opts to bat against Sri Lanka in 1st Test
- Ghatkopar building collapse: toll 17; Sena worker arrested
3 held for kidnapping, killing Haryanavi folk singer
The Gurugram police have arrested three people who were allegedly involved in the sensational kidnapping and murder of a Haryana-based folk singer Joginder alias Lala saini of Hisar district. The city police on Monday registered a murder case against the accused under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including arms Act at Rajender park police station.
According to police, Crime Unit of Palam Vihar led by inspector Sajjan Singh received a tip-off about the accused. As per the lead, the police team set up barricades at Chandu village. During their vigil at the village, they saw a Maruti swift car was coming from Badli (Jhajjar) towards Gurugram. The police team signalled the driver to stop the car. The accused managed to flee from the spot but later the police successfully nabbed them.
The accused were identified as Gaurav (26) of Rohtak (Haryana), Mahesh (26) of Jhajjar (Haryana) and Sachin alias Chinnu (21) of Hisar (Haryana). Currently, they were residing in a rented accommodation in Gurugram.
Police have recovered three country-made pistols, four live cartridges, two empty cells and a car from their possession. During the search of the car, the police recovered the body of the victim from the dickey.
Joginder alias Lala Saini of Hansi, Hisar. Lala was the famous folk singer in Haryana and the car being used to ferry the body of the folk singer belonged to him.
During interrogation, the accused revealed that Gaurav was a close friend of the singer and they had worked together in a Haryanvi album. Gaurav wanted the remainder of his payment from the victim for his contribution to an album in which they had performed together. But Lala was unable to make the payment.
After this Gaurav hatched, a plan to eliminate Joginder. According to the plan, on March 18 all the three accused to participate in a marriage function at Hisar.
The next day on March 19, Gaurav called Lala Saini near the Jind bypass in Rohtak and kidnapped him. He asked Lala to pay him the money and when the latter refused, he snatched his gold ring, chain and shot him four times. They wanted to dump his body somewhere in Gurugram but were intercepted by the police before they could do so.
Also, police revealed that earlier Mahesh was involved in smuggling of liquor and Sachin had arranged the weapons which were used in the crime from Alwar (Rajasthan).
“All the accused were dreaded criminals. We have registered another case against them on March 16 at DLF police station. We will take the accused on remand for further investigations,” DCP Crime, Sumit Kuhar said.
- Delhi Police‚Äôs dog squad to get 35 Army trained canines 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Realtor shot dead in Gurugram Sector 67 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Haryana Police asks UP counterparts to curb illegal firearms factories 26 Jul 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- Delhi Govt forms body to name roads and institutions 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of robbers arrested for impersonating as police officers 26 Jul 2017 | NISHTHA DHINGRA / MISHA BHATIA
- Chinese national arrested at IGI Airport for smuggling red sanders 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Another pleasant day for Delhiites 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- NMC allows women and children to use toilets in all hotels, restaurants for free 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- 2 members of Tillu gang arrested 26 Jul 2017 | Srishti Garg
- GDA all set to launch pre-GST sale of 900 flats 26 Jul 2017 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Taking a jibe at Woman and Child Development Minister Archana Chitnis, former Chief Minister and the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) senior member Babulal Gaur on Tuesday said in the Assembly that he is hurt when the Minister does not keep her promise made in the House. While Chitnis was replying to a query posed by Moti Kashyap of the BJP on electricity arrangements in anganwadis, Gaur sought permission from Speaker...