- UP BJP MLA dies in road crash on way to Investors' Summit
- PNB fraud: Centre opposes plea for SIT probe, says probe on
- SC stays criminal proceedings against Priya Varrier, director
- CBI arrests PNB General Manager in $1.8 bn fraud case
- Chief Secretary row: Delhi Police questions CM's advisor
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Kothari
- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
3 held for kidnapping, killing Haryanavi folk singer
The Gurugram police have arrested three people who were allegedly involved in the sensational kidnapping and murder of a Haryana-based folk singer Joginder alias Lala saini of Hisar district. The city police on Monday registered a murder case against the accused under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including arms Act at Rajender park police station.
According to police, Crime Unit of Palam Vihar led by inspector Sajjan Singh received a tip-off about the accused. As per the lead, the police team set up barricades at Chandu village. During their vigil at the village, they saw a Maruti swift car was coming from Badli (Jhajjar) towards Gurugram. The police team signalled the driver to stop the car. The accused managed to flee from the spot but later the police successfully nabbed them.
The accused were identified as Gaurav (26) of Rohtak (Haryana), Mahesh (26) of Jhajjar (Haryana) and Sachin alias Chinnu (21) of Hisar (Haryana). Currently, they were residing in a rented accommodation in Gurugram.
Police have recovered three country-made pistols, four live cartridges, two empty cells and a car from their possession. During the search of the car, the police recovered the body of the victim from the dickey.
Joginder alias Lala Saini of Hansi, Hisar. Lala was the famous folk singer in Haryana and the car being used to ferry the body of the folk singer belonged to him.
During interrogation, the accused revealed that Gaurav was a close friend of the singer and they had worked together in a Haryanvi album. Gaurav wanted the remainder of his payment from the victim for his contribution to an album in which they had performed together. But Lala was unable to make the payment.
After this Gaurav hatched, a plan to eliminate Joginder. According to the plan, on March 18 all the three accused to participate in a marriage function at Hisar.
The next day on March 19, Gaurav called Lala Saini near the Jind bypass in Rohtak and kidnapped him. He asked Lala to pay him the money and when the latter refused, he snatched his gold ring, chain and shot him four times. They wanted to dump his body somewhere in Gurugram but were intercepted by the police before they could do so.
Also, police revealed that earlier Mahesh was involved in smuggling of liquor and Sachin had arranged the weapons which were used in the crime from Alwar (Rajasthan).
“All the accused were dreaded criminals. We have registered another case against them on March 16 at DLF police station. We will take the accused on remand for further investigations,” DCP Crime, Sumit Kuhar said.
- Trend of ignoring mother languages by terming them dialect: NCERT prof 22 Feb 2018 | Abhinav Singh
- ‚ÄėWestern neighbour behind influx of Bangladeshis into N-E‚Äô 22 Feb 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Kidnapped 14-yr-old girl rescued in 24 hrs from Rajasthan 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Class VII student of Gurugram school threatens to rape teacher, her minor daughter in FB post 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Man films girl while bathing, held 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Sisodia approves setting-up of Ist Innovation Centre for city 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP demands police action against Kejriwal, Sisodia 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Business as usual at Secretariat 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Dalit, Muslim MLAs targeted: AAP 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Baijal submits report to MHA 22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A delegation of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur of West Bengal, visited State Happiness Institute today. The delegation members received information about the activities of the institute...