- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
36-year-old man held for duping 100 people of Rs 5cr
Crime Branch arrested a 36-year-old man who had cheated more than 100 people to the tune of Rs 5 crore by luring them into fake schemes promising huge dividends.
Alok Kumar, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said, “The Special Task Force of the Crime Branch arrested Sanjay. He was declared a proclaimed offender by the court and was carrying a reward of Rs 50,000.”
A senior police officer said that the police team received a tip-off on October 9 about Sanjay, who had conned more than 100 people, who will come to Lucknow to meet his relatives. Accordingly, a team under DCP Ram Gopal Naik, was constituted.
“A trap was laid near the house of relative of accused Sanjay in Lucknow and at the railway station of Badshah Nagar. As the accused had changed his appearance, the team identified him a and apprehended him outside the railway station,” said Kumar.
During interrogation, the accused disclosed that due to losses in his business, he planned new financial schemes to lure innocent people by promising them huge returns on their investment. Since he was a property dealer, people were already connected to him and were doing financial dealings with him on the pretext of LIC policies. He, thereafter, convinced them easily to invest in his new financial schemes and after cheating more than 100 persons, he ran away along with his family to Dhanbad in Jharkhand and was living there for past one year, added the officer.
- Man shot dead, Tilu-Gogi gang rivalry suspected 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SP ‚Äėinaugurates‚Äô Gzb elevated road before Yogi 17 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
- CISF launches Umang app to help flyers track lost belongings 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CRPF holds workshop on psychiatric diseases 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC releases handbook for primary teachers 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Focus of Central Govt is to transform primary healthcare centres: Min 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNU prof booked for sexual harassment 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 42-year-old man dies, five hurt after house catches fire 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IndiGo, Spice Jet to partially shift operations to T2 from March 25 17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- New supplementary exam rules leave students' future at stake 17 Mar 2018 | Abhinav Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...