4 Chinese men apprehended for smuggling gold
Four Chinese men have been arrested by the customs for allegedly trying to smuggle 10 kilograms of gold into the country at the Delhi airport, according to an official statement issued on Monday.
The accused were intercepted by the customs officials after their arrival here from Taiwan via Hong Kong on Saturday. A detailed personal and baggage search resulted in the seizure of 10 gold bars, collectively weighing 10 kg, wrapped in newspapers and concealed by the passengers in pockets of trousers worn by them, it said. The gold bars, valued at little over Rs 3 cr, was seized and the Chinese men were arrested, the statement said.
In another seizure on the same day, three Indian men, aged 51, 39 and 37 years, were intercepted by the customs after their arrival from Riyadh.
A detailed search of them resulted in the seizure of fine granules of gold weighing 700 grams and three gold bars weighing about 350 grams, a total of 1.05 kg gold from them, the statement said.
The gold, valued at Rs 31.56 lakh, was seized and the trio were arrested, it said.
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-year-old man found murdered in Narela park 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses sultry weather, strong winds likely today 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Need for rehab policy on child rapes: Experts 21 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE exams: More boys called for counselling than girls 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...