5 cops thrashed in police station by group of traders
Five policemen were allegedly thrashed by a group of 20 to 25 traders in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar area on Monday.
According to a senior police officer of the Shahdara district, the incident took place on Sunday afternoon when the alleged group barged into the Gandhi Nagar police station and attacked two Assistant Sub-Inspectors and three Constables. The incident happened after a team under the SHO of Gandhi Nagar had gone to the Subhash Mohalla to carry out sealing in some of the shops.
Enraged by the sealing, the traders came to the police station and started man-handling the policemen. The local police somehow managed to overpower the large number of traders, following which all the policemen were sent to a nearby hospital and an FIR under Sections IPC 186, 353, 332 and 34 has been registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station.
Confirming the incident, Nupur Prasad, DCP Shahdara said, “Six persons have been arrested in this matter. The policemen were man-handled and underwent treatment for minor injuries. Based on their MLC report, we took legal action.”
The arrested persons have been identified as Manoj Kukreja, Gulshan Kukreja, Manohar Lal, Sahil Taneja, Jatin Taneja, Puneet Kumar and Satyadev Gupta.
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-year-old man found murdered in Narela park 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City witnesses sultry weather, strong winds likely today 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Need for rehab policy on child rapes: Experts 21 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE exams: More boys called for counselling than girls 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...