- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
5 cops thrashed in police station by group of traders
Five policemen were allegedly thrashed by a group of 20 to 25 traders in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar area on Monday.
According to a senior police officer of the Shahdara district, the incident took place on Sunday afternoon when the alleged group barged into the Gandhi Nagar police station and attacked two Assistant Sub-Inspectors and three Constables. The incident happened after a team under the SHO of Gandhi Nagar had gone to the Subhash Mohalla to carry out sealing in some of the shops.
Enraged by the sealing, the traders came to the police station and started man-handling the policemen. The local police somehow managed to overpower the large number of traders, following which all the policemen were sent to a nearby hospital and an FIR under Sections IPC 186, 353, 332 and 34 has been registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station.
Confirming the incident, Nupur Prasad, DCP Shahdara said, “Six persons have been arrested in this matter. The policemen were man-handled and underwent treatment for minor injuries. Based on their MLC report, we took legal action.”
The arrested persons have been identified as Manoj Kukreja, Gulshan Kukreja, Manohar Lal, Sahil Taneja, Jatin Taneja, Puneet Kumar and Satyadev Gupta.
- 2 arrested for smuggling gold worth Rs 2.79 cr at IGI Airport 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CBI gets 1-day transit remand of Rotomac kingpin, his son 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gang of vehicle battery thieves busted, 3 held 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Two killed, one injured in Narela gang rivalry 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IAS officers meet Union Minister Jitendra 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- AAP MLA justifies assault, says officials who sit on files should be thrashed 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Court refuses bail to Amanatullah, Jarwal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP, AAP engage in war of words 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Police raid CM‚Äôs house, AAP fumes 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal meets L-G for 5 mins, says babus not attending office 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...