7 lakh traders to take part in bandh against sealing
More than seven lakh traders belonging to about 2,500 trade associations of Delhi will participate in a bandh today. The traders will also hold a “Vyapaari Panchayat” at Arya Samaj Road and Karol Bagh during the protest to discuss the issues of sealing and furure course of action.
A delegation of 'Confederation of All India Trade' led by its Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal also met home minister Rajnath Singh and apprised him of the implications of sealing and sought his intervention.
Meanwhile, continuing sealing drive against illegal business establishments, East Delhi Municipal Corporation has sealed 41 shops/ properties in areas of Mandauli Road, Gagan Vihar, Shakarpur, and Gandhi Nagar for violating provisions of 'Master Plan 2021'. North Corporation also sealed seven properties in Sadar Bazar, Sandesh Vihar and saraswati Vihar.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...