A drama, mockery of democracy: Delhi BJP
Delhi BJP leaders termed Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his cabinet colleagues’ sit in at the L-G office a “drama” and “mockery of democracy”, and claimed that it was done keeping in mind the general elections next year.
Manoj Tiwari, the chief of Delhi BJP, alleged that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) had created “illusions” in 2013 and 2015, and is creating another “illusion” over the full statehood demand in view of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
He said the demand of full statehood requires debate and Kejriwal should participate in it instead of staging dharna at the Lieutenant Governor’s office.
“Making mockery of Democracy, No Work only Drama (sic),” Tiwari tweeted.
“A new film of Chief Minister is running in Delhi. Its title is ‘Chahe Kuch Karlo, Hum Nahin Sudharenge’ (Do whatever you wish, We will not change),” he said.
The Delhi BJP chief said that he would lead a protest march at Kejriwal’s residence at 10 am tomorrow over the water crisis being faced by the people of the national capital. MPs, MLAs, leaders and workers of Delhi BJP would take part in the protest.
BJP MLA and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta alleged that Kejriwal and his colleagues were indulging in “arm twisting and threatening” to influence the L-G over their demands.
“Forcible occupation of the L-G office, dharna on the road and illegal demand for action against IAS officers clearly establish anarchist mindset of Kejriwal and his team,” Gupta told reporters.
- Asthma patients‚Äô condition worsens 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Faster local winds help improve air quality on Sunday 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City gets respite from heat, showers likely today 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 4 new police stations to be set up in Gurugram soon 18 Jun 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Eminent environmental scientist professor Maharaj Pandit gets Singapore varsity invite 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC imposes penalty of Rs 15 L on violators, 317 challaned 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM enacting a political drama to fulfil political ambitions: BJP 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi suffers due to CM‚Äôs inflated ego: Cong 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traffic Police organises Road Safety Camp for schoolkids 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Protesting BJP leaders go on hunger strike 16 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
After around a week, it rained heavily in the State capital on Sunday. It was a short spell of around 15 minutes, but rains lashed almost the whole city...