AAP Govt asks schools to submit list of liquor shops near them
The Delhi Government has asked schools in the national Capital to submit a list of liquor shops near their premises and assured of action if the schools have objection to the operation of the booze shops in the vicinity.
The development comes amid increased concerns over the safety of students on school premises after the murder of a seven-year-old student in Gurugram's Ryan International School and rape of a five-year-old girl at Tagore Public School in Shahdara.
"Have asked schools to furnish information about liquor shops polluting the atmosphere in their (schools') vicinity. Such shops will be shut, even if they are in compliance with the rules, if they are polluting the atmosphere near schools," Deputy CM and Education Minister Manish Sisodia said in two tweets posted in Hindi.
A senior Directorate of Education official said that according to rules, there should be no liquor shop within the radius of 100 metres of schools.
Action will be taken against liquor shops running in the vicinity of schools in violation of the rule, he said.
"If a school has any objection with a liquor shop which is located beyond 100 metres from it, government will shift such shops to other place," the official said. A liquor shop was found operating near the Gurugram school where the brutal killing of the student took place on September 8.
- Extend exemption granted to illegal constructions: Delhi BJP to Centre 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IWPC flags police apathy in ITO molestation case 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Night shelters bring comfort to homeless in city 21 Nov 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- Spurt in vector-borne disease exposes civic bodies' apathy, feel residents 21 Nov 2017 | Chandan Prakash
- EDMC ropes in IIT-Delhi to stabilise Ghazipur Landfill 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Air quality slips to ‚Äėred' zone again 21 Nov 2017 | Sapna Singh
- JNU‚Äôs School of Biotech devises methodology for water-based herbicides 21 Nov 2017 | Abhinav Singh
- DDA allots 12 acres of land in Rohini for new bus depot 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Engineer held at IGIA for thrashing Indigo staff 21 Nov 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- 50 phones,11 sim cards, 11 chargers, batteries recovered in Bhondsi jail 21 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said on Monday in Jamshedpur. “I am happy to announce that first Women’s University will come up at Sidhgora...