- India down hosts New Zealand in Four-Nations hockey
- Sonai honour killing case: Court awards death sentence to six
- India's entry into elite nuclear groups reaffirms its non- proliferation commitments: PM
- 4 injured in ceasefire violation by Pak
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afghanistan
- India asks UN to focus on eliminating terror safe havens in Pak
- US government shuts down
AAP Govt asks schools to submit list of liquor shops near them
The Delhi Government has asked schools in the national Capital to submit a list of liquor shops near their premises and assured of action if the schools have objection to the operation of the booze shops in the vicinity.
The development comes amid increased concerns over the safety of students on school premises after the murder of a seven-year-old student in Gurugram's Ryan International School and rape of a five-year-old girl at Tagore Public School in Shahdara.
"Have asked schools to furnish information about liquor shops polluting the atmosphere in their (schools') vicinity. Such shops will be shut, even if they are in compliance with the rules, if they are polluting the atmosphere near schools," Deputy CM and Education Minister Manish Sisodia said in two tweets posted in Hindi.
A senior Directorate of Education official said that according to rules, there should be no liquor shop within the radius of 100 metres of schools.
Action will be taken against liquor shops running in the vicinity of schools in violation of the rule, he said.
"If a school has any objection with a liquor shop which is located beyond 100 metres from it, government will shift such shops to other place," the official said. A liquor shop was found operating near the Gurugram school where the brutal killing of the student took place on September 8.
- Diesel cess to fund study on air pollution impact on health 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 25-yr-old rapes minor, arrested 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Farrukhnagar gangrape: Both accused nabbed 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM urges L-G to expedite pharmacists‚Äô recruitment 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Robbery case solved with arrest of two snatchers 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC, NMC seal 140 commercial properties 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders shut shops against sealing 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM must seek fresh mandate: Gupta 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CM has no right to be in power: Maken 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC refuses interim relief to AAP MLAs 20 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jan 2018 | PNS | Gwalior
It was a pleasing sight on Friday to witness 66 street children, accompanied by the District Collector and other officials at the Gwalior fair. The children enjoyed the visit, gazing at the stalls selling local produce and crafts...