AAP MP moves Pvt Member's Bill in Rajya Sabha to stop sealing
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh said he submitted a Private Member's Bill on Monday to put an end to the sealing drive in the national Capital. All the three Rajya Sabha members from the AAP addressed a Press conference at party headquarters in which they stressed that the ongoing sealing could be stopped only by the BJP-led Central Government by bringing a Bill in Parliament or through an Ordinance.
“I have moved a Private Member's Bill. Since independence, only 14 Private Member bills have been accepted as far as I know,” said Sanjay Singh. He urged all political parties to come together to pass the bill to end the sealing of shops and businesses operating from residential premises in the national capital. Singh said the sealing drive had caused enormous difficulties for the traders and their families. The MP alleged that traders were being beaten up in the name of sealing.
“The AAP has been saying from the beginning that the sealing can be stopped only by a bill or by an ordinance if Parliament is not in session,” he said.
“Due to the ongoing sealing drive the traders are on the brink of starvation and are on the roads protesting against this,” said Sanjay Singh. “The municipal corporations have collected four thousand crore in name of conversion charges but it has no account of that money,” said Sanjay Singh.
The money collected was to be spend on the development of the markets from which traders have paid conversion charges to BJP led MCD. But they have no account of the money collected,” said Sanjay Singh.
- Thousands of students throng Talkatora Stadium 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 2,000 cops take part in spl event at Thyagraj 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 13K jail inmates perform asanas 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhiites celebrate Yoga Day with enthusiasm 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Decks cleared to set up hazardous waste disposal facility at Bawana 22 Jun 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Sanitation workers to get loans to buy sewer cleaning machines 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Post sit-in, Kejriwal holds back-to-back meetings 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Crackdown on squatters: Several areas cleared, 46 vehicles seized 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Now, WhatsApp electricity meter reading to generate bill 22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 10K students grab 20% DU seats in 3 days 22 Jun 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...