- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
AAP MP moves Pvt Member's Bill in Rajya Sabha to stop sealing
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh said he submitted a Private Member's Bill on Monday to put an end to the sealing drive in the national Capital. All the three Rajya Sabha members from the AAP addressed a Press conference at party headquarters in which they stressed that the ongoing sealing could be stopped only by the BJP-led Central Government by bringing a Bill in Parliament or through an Ordinance.
“I have moved a Private Member's Bill. Since independence, only 14 Private Member bills have been accepted as far as I know,” said Sanjay Singh. He urged all political parties to come together to pass the bill to end the sealing of shops and businesses operating from residential premises in the national capital. Singh said the sealing drive had caused enormous difficulties for the traders and their families. The MP alleged that traders were being beaten up in the name of sealing.
“The AAP has been saying from the beginning that the sealing can be stopped only by a bill or by an ordinance if Parliament is not in session,” he said.
“Due to the ongoing sealing drive the traders are on the brink of starvation and are on the roads protesting against this,” said Sanjay Singh. “The municipal corporations have collected four thousand crore in name of conversion charges but it has no account of that money,” said Sanjay Singh.
The money collected was to be spend on the development of the markets from which traders have paid conversion charges to BJP led MCD. But they have no account of the money collected,” said Sanjay Singh.
- Woman hangs self in front of four-year-old daughter 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 50 shanties on Yamuna banks gutted in fire 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Salon staffer booked for inappropriate touching 19 Mar 2018 | Kanika Mehta
- SDMC sanctions 3,838 building plans in 2 years 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Traders to take out rally on March 28 against sealing 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Stop regularising illegal constructions: HC to Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Puri suggests fare concession for students, elderly in Metro 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Denizens reel under poor water supply 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- JNUSU moves DCW in sexual harrasment case 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Small section of students, teachers causing enormous damage: Admin 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...