- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
AgustaWestland: ED arrests Dubai-based company director
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has arrested Shivani Rajiv Saxena, director of a Dubai-based company that was allegedly used to route bribe money in the AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal case.
Saxena is the wife of Rajeev Shamsher Bahadur Saxena, a resident of Palm Jumeira in Dubai.
"She is an active director of UHY Saxena, Dubai, and Matrix Holdings, through which proceeds have been routed and further layered and integrated in buying immovable assets and shares," the ED said.
The company also had links with Christian Michel (the middleman involved in the scam) global trade, commerce and global services.
The ED probe has so far revealed that AgustaWestland International Ltd, UK, allegedly paid 58 million euros as kickbacks through Gordian Services Sarl, Tunisia, & IDS Sarl, Tunisia.
"These companies further siphoned off the said money in the name of consultancy contracts to Interstellar Technologies Ltd, Mauritius, and others. The funds were further transferred to Dubai-based UHY Saxena, Matrix Holdings Ltd. and others," said an official.
The ED alleges that Saxena's husband is a beneficial owner of Interstellar Technologies Ltd, Mauritius. The two are partners/directors in UHY Saxena and Matrix Holdings Limited.
"Both the companies received proceeds in their respective Dubai bank accounts from Interstellar Technologies Ltd. Ms. Saxena and her husband transferred huge amounts of money through their companies at Dubai to various other accounts," alleges the agency.
Saxena was produced in the Court of Special CBI Judge Arvind Kumar on Monday, which sent her to four days of ED custody.
The counsel of the accused has also moved a bail application in connection to the matter, arguments on which will be heard on the next date of hearing which is July 21st.
ED said Saxena was asked to join investigations and was served four summons none to which she responded. She was arrested and brought to Delhi from Chennai.
This is the second arrest made by the ED in the case. In 2014, the ED arrested lawyer Gautam Khaitan for his alleged role in routing the kickbacks.
The money laundering probe is based on the investigation being conducted by the CBI. Last year, the CBI arrested former Air Chief S.P. Tyagi and two others.
- Woman, husband declared absconder 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP leaders take out march against AAP Government 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 46 more properties sealed in North Delhi 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear day ahead, says MeT official 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 23-yr-old man found dead with throat slit 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 150-bed multispecialty children's hospital inaugurated 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Ammonia in Yamuna: NGT directs Delhi, Haryana to resolve issue 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi begins trial of anti-pollution towers 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Make city green to curb pollution, says Sisodia 17 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- No steps taken to curb sexual exploitation: Gupta 17 Feb 2018 | SR
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday dedicated to the people of the State an interntional standard 'Swami Vivekananda Stadium' built at a cost of Rs 17 crore at Kota in Raipur. After inaugurating the stadium, the Chief Minister had a look at various facilities at the stadium...