Air quality deteriorates, high concentration of PM 10 recorded
Due to occurrence of dust storm, Delhi air quality deteriorated on Wednesday, System of Air Quality, Research and Weather Forecast (SAFAR), a unit of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has recorded high concentration of Particulate Matter (PM) 10.
The SAFAR marked "Orange" to Capital air on Air quality Index (AQI). The PM 10 was recorded at 272 micro cubic per gram and in its air forecast the SAFAR updated the number with 355 (µgm-3)n and gave status - Very Poor.
PM 2.5 was also recorded relatively poor, the concentration was fluctuated between 64 - 84 µgm-3.
While Met and climate experts said that the reason of frequent thunderstorm is surface heat which leads to heat waves and resulting in occurrence of dust storm.
Recently , Delhi witnessed three major high -intensity dust storm (May 2 , May 13 and May 15)
While MeT has predicted and forecast more thunderstorm and dust - storm activities, air quality will further deteriorate with high ratio iof dust particles in air.
According to weather experts, there are chances that there could be more instances of gusty -dusty dust and thunderstorm with high momentum of winds.
The rising surface temperature is triggering heat wave and dust storm. Incidentally, on January 18 this year , NASA has released a research based on the MeT data of centuries and mentioned that the global surface temperature of the Earth in 2017 was the second-warmest in recorded history since 1880.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...