App to lodge plaints against errant auto, taxi drivers likely
Lieutenant-Governor Anil Baijal on Friday chaired a meeting of the ‘Task Force on Women Safety Issues’ and directed officials to create an ‘app’ to register complaints against auto or taxi drivers who refuse to go by meter.
Regarding status of GPS installation in Public Transport, Baijal directed officials to take action against the vehicles found with no functional GPS in addition to cancellation of driver’s license.
The L-G also emphasised that all stakeholders must have a focused and coordinated strategy to make Delhi a safe city for women. Stressing on the need for a change in mindset as well, he directed the regarding departments to keep up their efforts for generating awareness and sensitisation.
On the issue of patrolling by PCR vans to reach within the designated time in response to a distress call, it was informed by joint CP (Traffic) that the average time taken to reach on the spot is 5 to10 minutes and efforts are underway to reduce it further. “Currently 600 PCR Vans are already deployed and a comprehensive proposal for 541 PCR vans with creation of 7723 posts of these PVs is under consideration,” it said.
On the issue of establishment of ‘Fast Track Courts’ it was informed that at present about 20 fast track Courts are already working.
Excise Commissioner informed Lieutenant Governor that they have conducted several raids/joint inspections to curb serving of liquor to under-aged person and deterrent action i.e. cancellation of license will be taken against violators. L-G also directed to take stern action by taking joint drives of excise and Police department against sale of illegal liquor.
- Scorching week ahead, says Met Dept 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC holds meet with stakeholders on eased building permit process 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 75-yr-old woman found murdered at her house 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Juvenile among two arrested for kidnapping, killing Gzb boy 21 Apr 2018 | SP Singh
- EC is biased, working at behest of PM: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU V-C, BJP keep out city Govt's representatives from GB meetings: AAP 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- We have to fight to fulfil our promises: says Sisodia 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Couple arrested for duping people 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Maliwal refuses to budge despite Kejriwal's appeal 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC seals 10 properties for misuse in stilt parking 21 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...