Azadpur, Mukherjee Nagar, Shalimar Bagh to get multilevel stack car parking
In order to overcome parking problem in its areas, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NMC) has floated tender to construct five 'multilevel stack car parking'. The project will come up at Azadpur, Mukherjee Nagar and Shalimar Bagh and will have total capacity to accommodate 340 cars.
A senior NMC official said that among these, three parking will be constructed in Shalimar Bagh. "Majority of vehicles are being parked on key roads of the city causing problems not only to the commuters but also create traffic jams. "The move will help in minimising parking problem to a maximum extent," said an official.
The official further said, "The civic body has decided to develop 29 surface and17 multi-storey and stack parking facilities and the move is taken in the same direction," he said. He further said that 13 surface parking would also be developed on land allocated by Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and the remaining 16 on the land owned by the corporation.
Both the North and South Delhi Municipal Corporation in order to meet the increasing demand of parking spaces and to effectively tackle the menace of illegal parking on road side, had identified 99 spots for construction of surface, stack and multilevel parking lots that is to be completed by the year-end.
"These parking sites were demarcated and identified on the basis of certain parameters that include footfalls, distance from nearest markets, non-availability of parking sites in locality among other important factors," the official said.
While surface and multilevel parking lots are commonly known in metros, stack parking facilities are those where hundreds of cars can be parked in a stacked-up fashion on a structure made of grill which may have two or three platforms. Cars from the bottom are moved mechanically to the top level or anywhere else for parking purposes.
- Swimming pool owner arrested after two youths drown in Burari 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BSES cooling scheme: Get 5-star ACs for old ones at 47% discount 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 16-year-old Ryan murder accused to be tried as adult 22 May 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Magenta Line opens on May 29 22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Woman hit by truck while crossing road, dies; driver escapes 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- MCD reports absolve Max doctors of negligence: Police 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- National Zoological Park to organise summer training programme from May 22 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man, who killed 16-yr-old girl fortnight ago, held 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brazilian woman held for smuggling cocaine in capsules at IGI airport 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Software engineer dies mysteriously in DDA pool 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...